Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

2 piece band's 'bass' side rig is complete.

Crown XLS1000(1,100 watts class D bridged mono), Carvin 2 space case, 440 Live 15" cabs, Eminence Kappa Pro-15LF-2 speakers(600 watts RMS, 97.8 dB, 6.7mm Xmax, 38 Hz - 1.8 kHz), and Aquilar Tone Hammer preamp pedal. As with the guitar side, it gets fed the FZ-2 signal. Plenty of mids. At a certain volume level with the bass knob turned up the air in the room will pulse like someone is using a cranked up air hose. Sounding great so far and I highly recommend the Tone Hammer.

tombhex

Quote from: liquidsmoke on December 15, 2014, 12:17:49 AM
2 piece band's 'bass' side rig is complete.

Crown XLS1000(1,100 watts class D bridged mono), Carvin 2 space case, 440 Live 15" cabs, Eminence Kappa Pro-15LF-2 speakers(600 watts RMS, 97.8 dB, 6.7mm Xmax, 38 Hz - 1.8 kHz), and Aquilar Tone Hammer preamp pedal. As with the guitar side, it gets fed the FZ-2 signal. Plenty of mids. At a certain volume level with the bass knob turned up the air in the room will pulse like someone is using a cranked up air hose. Sounding great so far and I highly recommend the Tone Hammer.

That looks like it's loud as hell. I L-O-V-E my ToneHammer 500. It sounds like the end of the world when I put my MicroBrute > Quantum Mystic > reverb into it, too, which is a plus.

VOLVO)))

Im probably going to retire my sansamp for a tone hammer. The Sansamp is so beat up
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

In my opinion it's very loud for two 1x15s. Two 4x10s would probably be quite a bit louder but because I wanted to hand pick the speakers and buy new it was much cheaper to only have to spring for 2 of them. The speaker travel is so severe that I had to lengthen the grill spacers so the grill didn't get hit but the dB rating is still in the normal range unlike some of the other LF Eminence models that are more sub intended.

The tone hammer far exceeds my old sansamp bass driver for tone and output power.

The Riffer

Nice rig liquid.
I'm a believer that good speakers, alotta power and a good pedal is great for bass in this kind of music.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

mortlock

RAGER

I just bought a DX7 :D  Can;t bring 'er home until after xmas blows over cuz that would just be rude.
No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

Supposed to be hard to program. I have thought about something like that but probably will go for a korg wavestation or Roland d or x series when or If I decide to get something that has been overused yet considered classic for some reason. Enjoy
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

jibberish

Quote from: RAGER on December 17, 2014, 04:21:27 PM
I love that E Piano preset.  Here's a few examples.   ;D

http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/yamaha_dx7/dx7_examples.html

you will dig the quality of that piece. also that e piano is super famous. like doogie howser and about every little band in the 80's used it. the keyboard has aftertouch so it is great for using as a controller keyboard too.

edit: I have the original instruction manual and all the other crap that comes with one new, in case you need to look something up and cant find the manual online.

ALSO: dx-7 uses a N.C. sustain pedal, not N.O. ,so best to get a reversible foot pedal or a Yamaha one. for example, my korg uses N.O. sustain

RAGER

I've got a couple unmatched one but I bet they're n o.  I used them for a scroll up and down on an effects unit a few years back. I found one at b& h for 22 bucks.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

cool.  I want to buy a couple nice sustain pedals yet. I will get universal ones too.  B&H has like a million of them haha. i'm not paying any like roland or Yamaha premium prices either. the dx-7 came with one to get you started.   I fucked around with the NC in the korg. you step on the pedal to clear the noise as it builds up in full sustain haha. could be useful for wall of music stuff.  anyway, pretty cool using the wrong pedal for sustain-on and pedal clear.

I finally dug through my microswitches and found some with 2 NO and 2 NC contacts so I will be able to make universal pedals.   first pedal project will be a dual NO for the drum machine.  (play/stop and switch patterns/fills).  these are just on/off shit so i'll just build some little reality with a couple of random hinge and some scraps of wood. I think illuminated doorbell switches could be used as trigger switches somehow. trick would be to keep from crushing them with some type of stop system like roland pedals have to keep from wasting that wimpy little switch they have inside.
I would rather have a decent pedal for sustain, so that's why i'll probably only buy those and build trigger switches.
like that Yamaha one. she's a beauty. Yamaha is 1st class shit, any product line is mint, not just music gear.

I still have a volume pedal from my arp odyssey that somehow got separated from the synth.  I wish the malekko 616 had a jack to plug in a volume pedal that then replaces the regen pot with the volume pedal pot.

Jake

Fella in my band just picked up an Atlas 6x12. The plan is to get to an all Atlas backline. Eventually.

poop.

Jake

I think I want to call that backline, "Dopehenge."

poop.

liquidsmoke

I think you need 16x12s for any sort of henge. You also need Druid technology to move them around.

Actually never mind that, those 6x12s look awesome. They should make a nice half circle around the drummer.

The Riffer

Quote from: Jake on December 19, 2014, 02:10:35 AM
I think I want to call that backline, "Dopehenge."

DopeHenge is looking badass, and the tones on the teaser are great. Seriously looking fwd to hearing more.. Cmon now.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Metal and Beer

A Poem by Metal Dave:

Roses are red, violets blue
Jake, you make me sick
And you other fuckers do, too.   :P

Tonehenge !
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

eyeprod

Picked up this old traynor 4x12 for $50 at the pawn shop today.

They were selling it as a fixer upper since it has original speakers. It's dirty, but works just fine and sounds awesome! heavy as hell

CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

Killer score.  Put some wheels on 'er.
No Focus Pocus

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

Jake

What's the front butthole on that there Traynor for?
poop.

Metal and Beer

You put your weed in there.  Nice sco' !
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

eyeprod

good question, I wondered the same thing. It's a handy way to remove the grill. I like the design better than the ACC cabs I own/have owned which also have removable grills.

This thing is a friggin tank. I wonder what speakers are inside. Sounds sort of like the fanes I had in my Ram 2x12. Doesn't break up easily and has a nice girth to the tone. A bit on the bassy side if anything. I would guess high wattage speaks with huge magnets. I sold those two speakers for $700 iirc.
CV - Slender Fungus

Jake

Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 19, 2014, 07:48:43 PM
A Poem by Metal Dave:

Roses are red, violets blue
Jake, you make me sick
And you other fuckers do, too.   :P

Tonehenge !

Roses are red, violets are blue
Metal Dave, I sold you a Russian Muff for $25
That's a pretty good deal.
poop.