Previous topic - Next topic

Metal and Beer

Your Gear Still Sickens Me
You Played In Rebreather, too
And I Still Love You

(Black Muff deal = righteous)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

The Riffer

Its Xmas.And I know aint nobody getting me anything..or anything I want..so I play Santy Claws myself.
8x4x100' snake, and a AT 2035 mic.

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Submarine

Plugins are not nearly as photogenic but I  just picked up Stillwell Audio's Vibe EQ and Elysia's M-Pressor. 

RAGER

I didn't get any gear but that's ok I've got plenty and have a couple things coming soon anyways.  But I did get this Gear Acquisition Fund Storage Device from my girl.  So it will help in acquiring new gear.  handmade here in Portland by somebody undoubtedly with a beard, tattoos, and a handle bar moustache.

No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

I kinda want one of those fag wallets.

They look nice.

Why don't you have a phone, Dean?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Long dumb story short: switched carriers, got a new phone, phone broke, replacement should come in Monday.

Not having a phone has actually been kind of peaceful.

Jake

I've never had a cell phone in my life.
poop.

RAGER

I think there's an app for that.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

holy fuck!! tanner goods is like the orange amps of leather stuff. fucking $450 back pack..er..I mean rucksack..

RAGER

Nothing but the best Clark.
No Focus Pocus

The Riffer

New to me; SG Systems SG100G. SS pre, 100w Tube Power, Reverb and Maestro Phase shifter. Acquired via Deaner, now resides in the B.A.T. cave. Hope to give it a real workout soon and I'll record a sound demo asap. Initial thoughts are very flat/hi fi type eq, somewhat dull. A good loud pedal blast may help that.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Jake

Noice. I sometimes see those, but it's almost always a combo something or rather version.
poop.

The Shocker

I've got the combo version, 2x12 & weighs 80lbs.  Loud & clean, think Music Man.  Good pedals sound great through it.  Crap pedals are painful.

Hopefully Mark can figure out that Phaser switch pedal - wasn't working right for me.  

xayk

Wait, Dean sells gear...? (luv u.)

Didn't Ty Tabor use SG Systems stuff early in his career? He always sounded awesome.

eyeprod

That amp looks different in a very good way. enjoy!
CV - Slender Fungus

RAGER

Quote from: xayk on December 28, 2014, 08:37:21 PM
Wait, Dean sells gear...? (luv u.)

Didn't Ty Tabor use SG Systems stuff early in his career? He always sounded awesome.

I think you might be thinking Lab Series amps.
No Focus Pocus

xayk

Quote from: RAGER on December 28, 2014, 10:57:04 PM
I think you might be thinking Lab Series amps.

Ah, I was indeed.  So it goes.

Pissy

Quote from: eyeprod on December 20, 2014, 08:01:02 PM
good question, I wondered the same thing. It's a handy way to remove the grill. I like the design better than the ACC cabs I own/have owned which also have removable grills.

This thing is a friggin tank. I wonder what speakers are inside. Sounds sort of like the fanes I had in my Ram 2x12. Doesn't break up easily and has a nice girth to the tone. A bit on the bassy side if anything. I would guess high wattage speaks with huge magnets. I sold those two speakers for $700 iirc.

Traynor used Marsland Speakers, I think.  They used others too, but Marsland was the most used.  If they blew at some point, they likely wouldn't have gotten replaced by the same speakers.  I had a couple of 15s (blown) and gave them away as I couldn't source a recone kit.  They could be Utah's or Magnavox's as well.

If they sound good though, all the better.  General consensus was that the Marslands didn't pass muster back in the day, what with competing against Fanes and whatnot.

Th butthole up front is indeed there to aid in getting the grill off.  I think that one is upside down (maybe the cab is upside down?), but the grill can only go on one way as it has locating pins on the bottom.  The grill pulls off with the finger hole, and lifts up unseating the pins.  At least that's how my 215 was.

nice score.
Vinyls.   deal.

tombhex

Here's one that's bound to be unpopular around here:

Snagged this Charvel DC2FR yesterday from Guitar Center.  Trans black finish, bound body/neck/headstock, set unfinished neck with a scalloped heel, Floyd Rose locking trem, EMG 81/85 pickups. I wanted a modern guitar for a change of pace, mostly for recording. The guitar usually goes for $650 and it was on clearance for $229, because they discontinued the model and no longer offer it with this trim AND a Floyd. It's not my favorite LOOKING guitar, it's a bit loud for me with the finished headstock and the flashy inlays, but after a nice setup it plays really nicely and I'm glad I went for it.

jibberish

^i'm not trve kvlt, so I can freely admit that I like that whammy guitar.  heh at first glance I was kind of dorking out like "wtf kind of PRS is that? there are NEVER EMG's in a PRS, and those different inlays n stuff."   I don't recall seeing one of those at the GC near me, maybe I can go double check as an excuse to dick around in GC.

idk my emg numbers like I should. are those active or passive?
I hope they are active, curious as to how it compares to the schecter emg whammy guitar I have. probably not much difference. whammy +active emg +slab heh.

edit: mine is called Damien elite FR and it has the 85+81 setup. ok now that's sorted out. I have a dark red with some pattern on it. it is like art too.

tombhex

Quote from: jibberish on December 30, 2014, 11:33:12 AM
^i'm not trve kvlt, so I can freely admit that I like that whammy guitar.  heh at first glance I was kind of dorking out like "wtf kind of PRS is that? there are NEVER EMG's in a PRS, and those different inlays n stuff."   I don't recall seeing one of those at the GC near me, maybe I can go double check as an excuse to dick around in GC.

idk my emg numbers like I should. are those active or passive?
I hope they are active, curious as to how it compares to the schecter emg whammy guitar I have. probably not much difference. whammy +active emg +slab heh.

edit: mine is called Damien elite FR and it has the 85+81 setup. ok now that's sorted out. I have a dark red with some pattern on it. it is like art too.

Yep, active badboys. I like whammy guitars too. I'm not trve kvlt either brother, never have been. What's weird is that for as fast as the guitar is, the neck *kinda* reminds me of my cousin's Dan Armstrong... I mean, I guess it could be because I don't play many double cutaway/PRS style guitars, but it DOES feel more similar to the DA than anything else I'm familiar with.

Danny G

Picked this up for $40. Dietz direct input box.

Didn't really need it, I just liked it cause it matches my bass cabinet \m/,

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

jibberish

danny, what is that DI box used for? a buffer? impedance matcher? hum eliminator?
jibby 5 needs more input heh. more data, more input. I am machine, I never sleep.