Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny G

Post deleted.

What was it?
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RacerX

H.R. Giger Iceman: $699.
Livin' The Life.

Danny G

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Jake

NATD! (New aftermarket tailpiece day)

Just finished MacGyver'ing on a tailpiece onto my ($300 closeout sale) Eastwood. It's only cosmetic, but it visually "balances" the guitar exactly the way I was hoping it would.

poop.

Beta Cloud

had a mighty fine NGD today. Les Paul Traditional 11' Honeyburst, 50's neck.

something about a plaintop with zebra coils.

gonna' fit in just fine with the flametop Tobaccoburst.

it's gonna be a long night...
why does it hurt when i pee?

CID Vicious

Been on a tear...good thing I love cheap stuff...

Eno Myomorpha - Screw the goofy name, Mini LM308 (Turbo) Rat. It Rats, it's tiny, @  $35, win. Mooer Black Secret clone btw.

Modtone Mini Fuzzer - traded my vintage Jax Shin Ei fuzz wah for a Rode NT2 original "lawsuit" LDC & $50. Was about to pop for a Behringer SF300 since it's essentially an improved Shin Ei circuit (Boss FZ2) but was thinking mini pedals. Didn't want a Muff or else Donner's Fashion Fuzz (Bustain!), found this. Funnily enough it cops a Superfuzz vibe and looks like a mini Fuzz Wah in shape. Unlike the Mooer style pedals this one can run on batteries.

Sound? All the stupid big fuzz I've wanted without the bullshit. Swollen Pickle? Too many options most of which disappear on guitar or bass. Shin Ei? Great tone ran into the semi dirty channel of my Tri AC but meh by itself and don't want to have to tap dance just to go from clean to big fuzz.

The Modtone does HUGE fuzz on guitar or bass, smart design, TB, battery, small....oh & $30 on Scamazon. Win.

Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual
You're just a face in the crowd!

Welcome to America,
Say goodbye to your rights!
(Yeah, right!)
They crept up behind them
And slit their throat left to right!

- Mettaya, "Welcome To America"

CID Vicious

Basses...told ya, on a tear!

So the SX I believe I mentioned back when. Well legends true, SXs are killer Fender clones dialed in. Added a Burns 250k push pull for series. Really going to have to A/B it with a P bass, probably not "the same as" but suitnable substitute. Closer than a MM for sure, & the P thing has been eating at me. I try something more "advanced" exotic etc, & that P pickup takes a good J. MM tone & just makes it sound thin & wimpy back to back.

Which is why I bought this Canvas. GC used rack, curse of my life...

CTB10. LOL it's a package deal bass! $69?

Well dead strings and all, solid winner. Nice thick and wide P neck. P/J, high mass bridge...Canvasses used to be Canadian and pricier, these are Chinese versions of what must have been killer basses. Package schmackage, the birdseye in the maple, thick rosewood board, and mahogany under the "standard cheapo gloss black" added up to being too good to pass up. $19 more than I paid for just an SX P neck!

It's getting stripped so I'll leave my Jazz's body alone. Body and neck stripped sanded & tung oiled.

I'd traded in pedals for most of the price on that...so I feel less silly that this is still in the Police Hold at the other GC I frequent (bane o my wallet!). Before getting the Canvas, spied a $49 P bass clone...long story short, was exactly what you'd expect from a sub $100 former package bass, but was going to swap the SX neck on. Had already laid it away, then saw, for a few (ok 50) dollars more...

...a ROGUE.

Huh? Crap, aren't they?

Meet the LX400 Pro.

Couldn't have convinced me online but in person...toss any vintage pretense out the door & be pleasantly surprised. 6 bolt 24 fret 2way trussed neck. Rosewood board real abalone dots. MM/J hybrid setup's a mix of Lakland and Bongo. Bypassable active eq. Through body bridge. Basswood with quilted maple in wine red.

Sounds excessive, but total for all is $300 + tax, or the equivalent of a nice Squier. All basses covered ;-)

Lastly, finally have something to run said basses into that isn't something from my guitar rig.

Behringer BDI21, aka the Po Boy's Bass Driver DI.

Drives bass, Talkbass discussions are basically spot on. Sounds awesome but a bitch to coax mids out of.

So...FrankenP Mids & Notch mods. Absolutely a keeper now, big bass and clang and all the mids. All of em. If I want to scoop mids hey got a J bass for that...since the "stock" mode no longer works. First SMT mod.
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual

Welcome to America,
(Yeah, right!)

Lumpy

I have an Eno Myomorpha too, good low-budget Rat clone (note - I don't have golden ears, and never owned a real Rat before). I will check out that Modtone fuzz, I like tiny pedals.

Jake- the Stormbird is looking great.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

CID Vicious

I had a Whiteface original and kicked myself for a long time for selling it to a collector in a hard spot.

The Rat 2's have something "off" about them, this is "on". Been using em off and on since the 90's & these have the LM308 olde schoole thing in spades. Nails Sexorcisto era Zombie, Chaos A.D., & I'm sure a billion other metal punk & etc tones over the years.

Can't *not* have a Rat...

The Turbo mode makes it essentially two pedals and is a way huge bonus.

Biyang Mouse and GFS Brownie are both good clones too. Not mini, & some have/had a resistor value wrong but $1 mod later...
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual

Welcome to America,
(Yeah, right!)

taylo)))r

Got a new amp. The Roadmaster. 160 watts of tubed glory.
(insert interesting quote)

VOLVO)))

Killer amps
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Holy shit Taylor. When are you nuggachukkas bringing that junk over to Denver to melt a few faces?
poop.

Beta Cloud

scored a used EH Deluxe Big Muff and made a vid on poo-tube.
it kicks ass. selectable and footswitchable mid level and frequency boost, 'attack' to blend dry signal for pick definition, bass boost toggle, and an incredible and useful one knob gate. in love...

Beta Cloud

and with an sg.

sorry about the macamuhshitcam. back wards and upside down n' all get.

everdrone

Beta Cloud

Beta Cloud

and yet more attention seeking content for you all to ignore...
me playing a les paul through my new catalinbread sabbra cadabra!

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

taylo)))r

Quote from: Jake on June 05, 2015, 11:13:26 AM
Holy shit Taylor. When are you nuggachukkas bringing that junk over to Denver to melt a few faces?

Ha, we are trying to come out this summer. We will see if we can make it happen.
(insert interesting quote)

Beta Cloud

mortlock

when are we doing a show together beta??  summers half over already..

Beta Cloud

Quote from: mortlock on June 18, 2015, 05:25:30 PM
when are we doing a show together beta??  summers half over already..

shit, we just played a benefit w-Sulaco and a buncha other bands for Kenny Brand, (Avulsion)...

EYEHATEGOD is playing in buffalo in august and we were offered the bill... my singer has vaca-booked that week so we had to back out... FUCK!!!

we do have to hook up bro, in a basement, club or street corner.

mortlock

i just picked up this hofner club bass. i believe this will go along way towards less back pain from playing. it weighs a fraction of what my fender weighs. its pretty sweet. light as hell. hollow body. the neck is more like a guitar neck than a bass neck. has a nice growl to it. had my first jam with it today and it was impressive..got a show on friday and im psyched to play it..

its an olive green/brown burst color. cant really tell from the pic..

CID Vicious

This guy's complaining about nobody clicking...go on over to the Rocket Pig Records channel & I'll show ya no clicks! ;D

Anyway, finally got the rig reconstructed. Since some back stabbing thief stole a rare mic from me, decided to take a big fat pic of everything he missed &/or I've been karmically compensated with since.

The new stuff in the photo? The Line 6 M13 on the board for starters. I just got tired of cool pedals with lame problems - noise power routing etc - & there's way cool shit you can do with two expression pedals. Four effects at once and a stupid amount of options, & then you update it. Bounced a DigiDelay SynthWah & Tonecore dock (NOISY cool idea), dropped noise and actually gained sound quality.

The GK cab is the new secret weapon. Ported 212 was a D class "NYC Subway" amp. The early ones had problems, got the cab free.

Add Eminence Beta 12a, & a "it only happens in L.A." prototype EV12L clone but neo powered. Major top shelf company, won't disclose which because it wasn't supposed to leave.

The cab is ~25lbs loaded and will make you question the wisdom of a 412, & the Laney through it actually doesn't do bad on bass duty. Still getting an iNuke though ;-)

Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual

Welcome to America,
(Yeah, right!)

CID Vicious

The XXX 412 above is no longer part of the rig, sadly. Moving to Seattle and can't fit it in the Volvo.

Thankfully though I finagled a trade at GC for this big gay gem:

Don't know what it does? Listen to Ministry or RevCo, particularly the latter's cover of Rod Stewart's "D'ya Think I'm Sexy?" 'Lava' off of Filth Pig too if I recall.

Just stupid silly on bass, & apparently *KILLER* QOTSA tones on guitar.

Snagged like the only one under $200 on the net. Technically free ;D
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual

Welcome to America,
(Yeah, right!)