Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Righteous

Scored '76 Ibanez LP for some home-jammin' - sweet deal at $400 CDN eh?
Smooth like-a-da-butta!

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

da_qtip

Quote from: Bro. Righteous on August 28, 2015, 11:47:24 AM
Scored '76 Ibanez LP for some home-jammin' - sweet deal at $400 CDN eh?
Smooth like-a-da-butta!

Bitchin'. I use my dad's Ibanez SG all the time. Love it. Saw one go for like $750 CAD at a local store.

Danny G

Quote from: jibberish on August 03, 2015, 01:24:33 PM
really bad timing following god's bass rig there, but one must strike while the iron is hot

grabbed the acoustic b200 1x15 bass combo for 3 bills since it was on sale now.

driving it with the greta tube pre is the first thing I tried. serious potential. also, EQ's are crazy cool. the 6 band is pretty wild. I think a 2-3 band parametric would really be the shit. I might get that DoD/Bat pedal with the parametric EQ's because of that.
it sounds like an effect moving your boost or cut notch up and down the freq spectrum.

I need to record some bass thru the super pharaoh thru the greta thru the b200. I am getting my nasty on slowly but surely.

edit: they(acoustic) must have gotten yelled at or something by danny G. this MkII goober has separate gain, od AND od levels. there is a -10dB pad for hot signals now with a clip indicator, and even a compressor to keep the front end in line.
then they added cooling fans.....heh. thx danny.  this one seems more abuse-worthy than the older one like I got for my nephew.

I dug the hell out of my B200H. While it worked. Then it broke (twice) and I was pissed that such a good amp was built like a goddamn toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

Danny G

Got a proper mandolin pickup kit today. LR Braggs Radius.  $140 new but $60 from a guy on CL.

I can even install it permanently instead of being clipped on. I am definitely going to do that

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

spookstrickland

Got my new Betty G wah by Joe Gagan....this thing is Rad! My wah search is over.

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Danny G

Just got a case for the mandolin. Ready to rock. Now just needs obscure heavy band stickers and my name stenciled on it m/,

Corey Y

Got a used Epiphone Thunderbird Classic IV Pro. Neck thru, gibson pickups, just checked it over real quick and looks practically brand new and came with a hardshell case. I'm looking forward to trying it out later today.

Jake

What's the word on that Epi bass, Corey? My friend has a Gibson one and it's a really very unique sounding bass.
poop.

VOLVO)))

I know I'd like one, I love my westone, but I want a non-P bass configuration in a not Fender form.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Corey Y

Quote from: Jake on September 13, 2015, 11:10:57 AM
What's the word on that Epi bass, Corey? My friend has a Gibson one and it's a really very unique sounding bass.

It's a really good bass stock, at least in my opinion. Well built, plays nice. I like the tone, it doesn't sound like a Precision, Jazz or even my custom Dual HB Drake. I got this one with a hardshell case, used in like new condition for $420 shipped. They're new for $500 with no case, which seems like it's still a good deal. Here, I made some clips of it clean and with some dirt. Both pickups up full, has kind of a dark tone. Not muddy, still lots of clarity, but not "zingy". Which I like, I love darker tones. Dialing down the neck pickup or soloing the bridge pickup obviously makes it brighter. Neck pickup alone has some pretty nice punch.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/corey-y/epiphone-thunderbird-classic-iv-pro-bass-demo[/soundcloud]

liquidsmoke

^ sounds great!

Picked this up today through Craigslist for about half the new price in like new condition. 28.6" scale. I like my P but for tremolo picking near the bridge this guy is much easier and palm mutes even sound good on it through distortion.

mortlock

Quote from: Corey Y on September 09, 2015, 01:59:56 PM
Got a used Epiphone Thunderbird Classic IV Pro. Neck thru, gibson pickups, just checked it over real quick and looks practically brand new and came with a hardshell case. I'm looking forward to trying it out later today.

I threw my back out just looking at that pic. beautiful bass though.

bbottom

I love the look of thunderbirds but I can't stand the way that they play.

VOLVO)))

NECK DIVE NECK DIVE EVERY ONE OF THOSE NECKDIVES!

Love 'em, too, but if I want a bass that looks tight, and neckdives like a kamikaze pilot, I'll play a Mockingbird.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

zachoff

If you can't play a heavy, misweighted bass then well... You probably have a vagina and play a Fender P Lyte.

liquidsmoke

Life is too short to play neck heavy guitars and basses.

Beta Cloud

i got two lesters and a sg...love the sg but never play it because it goes down like vietnamese girl on prom night.
why does it hurt when i pee?

CID Vicious

Quote from: bbottom on October 06, 2015, 04:59:43 PM
I love the look of thunderbirds but I can't stand the way that they play.

Go find one with a modern high mass on it. Totally different beast. It's what the original Badass was designed for. Slaps and all that.

Epi has one with a high mass called the Pro-IV.
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual
You're just a face in the crowd!

Welcome to America,
Say goodbye to your rights!
(Yeah, right!)
They crept up behind them
And slit their throat left to right!

- Mettaya, "Welcome To America"

CID Vicious

So after losing some minor gear in Seattle to de pawn...shop op op, I got back to LA and looked for a "beater". Something to fuck around with...nothin' serious. Maybe even...acoustic.

Well, the Craigslist Gods smiled upon my being and said verily unto me, "fuck that!"

And top of the results for guitar under 100...a Guitar Fetish/Slick SL59.

Been eyeballing these for YEARS. Really wanted a SL54 "Poor Man's Rampage" for drop C, but...actually recently decided I'm all about 24 3/4. So this is my next choice, & it comes up to sit in my lap, for 98 bones out the door...

...equipped with coated D'Addarios and a soapbar style Super Distortion.

Xmas came early!

Not a *shred* of hype, as promised. Great quality, tidy joint, superb frets, resonant as my 2002 Melody Maker and does a similar "faux acoustic" trick.

Listen, I know Earl has endorsed everything but tampons, but he really threw Everyman a bone with this line.

Put through my standard GC Test Amp, a DSL100 half stack, this thing has solid brass balls in addition to hardware. Got nice compliments leaving whereas walking in it was like "oh great...11 o'clock and already with the half stack".

Hot damn! I'd take one of each...particularly used for a song!

Hyperventilatingly Hyperbolic, I know, but I probably tried out a hundred different guitars this summer and this thing is about as good a player as any and better than a *lot*.

The hardware is nice enough to upgrade a Gibson with. Which may just happen as the raw brass hardware was a big part of the initial attraction.

And this is the "early imperfect" run with the "too low" bridge.

If they made a nice PJ bass like this...
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual
You're just a face in the crowd!

Welcome to America,
Say goodbye to your rights!
(Yeah, right!)
They crept up behind them
And slit their throat left to right!

- Mettaya, "Welcome To America"

Beta Cloud

why does it hurt when i pee?

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Made a bass VI out of a Hondo longhorn copy.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

Got sick of waiting for one of these to pop up cheap on Craigslist so I got this new a few weeks back. Beautiful guitar. Level frets, not neck heavy, no flaws, good tone, no shit. I highly doubt anything Rondo sells in this price range is any better, my Douglas baritone(some high frets) sure isn't.

liquidsmoke