Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

heh, that sony is a trip.  we didn't have that at that time.
The Audio Warehouse was a Sony distributor though. I got the very first sony portable CD player before CD car decks. I still have it. the motor is tired heh.

ok, the model I was mistaking the SL- DL1 for was the SL-10. and it was basically a 12" square, and you could position it any way you liked

edit: i would snag one of those in a heartbeat btw...

zachoff

Ordered this guy yesterday to go with the Technics...

Nerdy tube stuff, but I think it's neat.  https://www.tubedepot.com/products/tubecube-7-dreambox-hifi-set

liquidsmoke

New song idea sketch for a new project(not Orogen) which also functions as a new gear demo.

Weeping Demon wah(0:00)
Deja Vibe(1:08)

Analogman Dark Peppermint fuzz and EH Holy Grail reverb(spring setting) are on the whole time. FZ-2 and Digitech X-Series delay come in during the second half to help induce ego loss.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/orogen/walk-into-the-eye-guitar-mastered[/soundcloud]

zachoff

Got a couple pedals for Christmas!

Joyo Ultimate Drive v2. I have v1 and love it, but it's not true bypass... Hoping v2 w/ true bypass isn't tonally different.
Joyo Digital Delay.  First time using a delay for bass.  We'll see what happens.  :-\

jibberish

this is the first xmas I bought exactly zero.  everything in my sights isn't any special deal and I will just get that stuff in january

da_qtip

Got my first and probably last delay for Christmas, a Way Huge Supa-Puss.

spookstrickland

Got a Tel Ray Pro Phaser for Christmas!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

everdrone

liquidsmoke that Weeping Demon wah sounds really cool!  Good tune.

with that active wah feature I dig how you could easily and more quickly switch the wah on and off along with the other effects.  Ill have to save up for one :)

mortlock

if somebody wants to buy me the explorer bass, that would be cool.
http://www.felineguitars.com/gallery/bass_gallery.html

bbottom

Quote from: mortlock on January 03, 2016, 10:43:22 AM

I want a flying V bass in the worst way.

I had an explorer bass for a minute and didn't like it. They sit really weird and (at least the one that I had) had horrible neck dive.

mortlock

theres a used 'new' gibson v bass in my neck of the woods on cl for like 800. its tempting.
https://rochester.craigslist.org/msg/5359523604.html

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Corey Y

Quote from: bbottom on January 03, 2016, 12:49:11 PM

I had an explorer bass for a minute and didn't like it. They sit really weird and (at least the one that I had) had horrible neck dive.

My buddy has an 80's alpine white Gibson Flying V bass, with the bridge modded to a BadAss. He's mentioned to me that he wants to sell it a few times, but probably not cheap because they're kind of rare I guess.

bbottom

New Fuzz Day!!!!

I had a bunch of GC gift cards so when I found a used assmaster for sale I jumped on it.
I'll be putting this on the board for the show on Saturday fo sho

bbottom

Quote from: Corey Y on January 05, 2016, 11:14:56 AM
Quote from: bbottom on January 03, 2016, 12:49:11 PM

My buddy has an 80's alpine white Gibson Flying V bass, with the bridge modded to a BadAss. He's mentioned to me that he wants to sell it a few times, but probably not cheap because they're kind of rare I guess.

Yea the 80's ones are pretty rare and kind of crappy to be honest. I really want one of the reissues from a few years back but they are tough to find and overpriced.

I played one at a GC in Maryland around 2011 or so and dug it. That thing sat there for probably a year and they kept dropping the price on it. When I finally decided to get it....the thing was gone. Now they go for like $1200-$1500.....which is just stupid

Lumpy

Quote from: bbottom on January 13, 2016, 11:50:45 PM
New Fuzz Day!!!!

I had a bunch of GC gift cards so when I found a used assmaster for sale I jumped on it.
I'll be putting this on the board for the show on Saturday fo sho

My favorite bass fuzz. Totally ripping, but with great note definition. Not as boomy as some, but that's not really my sound... I like low-mids.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

mini deja-vibe

EV 767 vocal mic

and a korg sledgehammer pro+ a snark clip on tuners

also I ordered a replacement stylus from japan to upgrade my awesome audio technica AT15SA into a full blown top of the line AT20SA

the shibata cut diamond contacts more record surface than any other geometry and gets the most detail without going into super hi-end money

I am very stoked to hear this...to quote tom petty: "The way-ay-ting is the harrrr-dest parrrrt" heh

I have a couple more sm57's to buy and then only synth's and an occasional impulse purchase guitar (fun stuff vs infrastructure stuff)

jibberish

^ I have to wait for the deja-vibe too. supposed to ship around 2/8 

meh.....

zachoff

Well, almost a new bass day  :-\

Went to look at a Univox Hi Flier.  Phase III, so mid-70s  sunburst with a maple fretboard... The only Hi Flier I've ever seen with a maple fretboard.  Anyway, it was broken and setup was terrible.  Switch was broken, neck pickup didn't work (probably because of the switch, but I didn't want to risk it), pots were totally scratched out, and on the top few frets the string hit the neck pickup and rattled out.  Easy fixes by themselves but altogether not something I wanted to take on and the dude wouldn't budget from $300 and actually got mad at me for pointing out that it was broken.  Wierdo.

Anyway, another day...

Pissy

Dick.

I had a hi-flier 6 string.  Really a good guitar.  I bought it for 80 buck before the internet was a thing.  I gave it away many years later to a friends son.  He loves it.
Vinyls.   deal.

zachoff

Got an Eminence Beta 15a driver today & now the bastard 215 is complete!  The other driver is an EV Force 15.  Going to test it out at practice tonight & see how it sounds.

zachoff

...and it ruled in practice!  EV Force 15 + Eminence Beta 15A in an old Traynor 2x15 is pretty rad.  Raunchy and rad.  Definitely not clean or mellow.

heytrid

2015 gibson flying V - ltd edition custom shop for Japan market

came with a photo of it while being finished in the shop.

built to 70's specs, volute, thinner/short headstock, witch hat knobs, 57 classic/57 classic plus, mahogany neck/body, rosewood fretboard.

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

everdrone