New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

jibberish

Quote from: heytrid on January 23, 2016, 09:28:46 PM
2015 gibson flying V - ltd edition custom shop for Japan market

came with a photo of it while being finished in the shop.

built to 70's specs, volute, thinner/short headstock, witch hat knobs, 57 classic/57 classic plus, mahogany neck/body, rosewood fretboard.

I have a really REALLY safe temp/humidity controlled place to keep that lil guy safe. you probly should let me take care of it for you. It's for the best....

spookstrickland

Quote from: jibberish on January 24, 2016, 10:11:27 PM
Quote from: heytrid on January 23, 2016, 09:28:46 PM
2015 gibson flying V - ltd edition custom shop for Japan market

came with a photo of it while being finished in the shop.

built to 70's specs, volute, thinner/short headstock, witch hat knobs, 57 classic/57 classic plus, mahogany neck/body, rosewood fretboard.

There is nothing more Rock n Roll than a flying V!  Congrats!!

I have a really REALLY safe temp/humidity controlled place to keep that lil guy safe. you probly should let me take care of it for you. It's for the best....
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

fallen

These are my two most recent acquisitions. Last month I picked up the VTM 60 and today I picked up the Beta Lead which works great and sounds great but needs a cleaning fairly badly. I haven't tried them together yet but I have a feeling that they will mix nicely.

heytrid

thanks guys, I at some point will try to get most together for a group shot haha.

I always wanted a VTM just because they seemed badass when I was younger.

black aspirin

This Juan goes to 11.

khoomeizhi

got an old gibson 800-2 cabinet. originally powered, but modified to just be a passive cab - 2x15, blue sparkly grillcover. not yet sure if it's going toward guitar or bass...
let's dispense the unpleasantries

everdrone

I just got a nano pog pedal, turbo tuner, and a Q95 switchless wah:

my other 212 matching cab is in the jam room but I gig using twin 212s stacked tall :headbang:

jibberish

the pickguard is a nice touch. 

everdrone

thanks brutha  ;D ;D ;D ;D, it definitely has manifested itself into a themed rig  ;)

CID Vicious

1997 Gibson SG-1

Built the year I began playing. 19 year old piece of Honduran mahogany. ~6 lbs.

I have ran into a shop screaming "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! only to find out it had literally just been sold. Multiple times. Never for sale when you have the cash. Apparently a common affliction amongst those hooked by em.

Big fan of single humbucker guitars. Perfect for live use, very little to fuck with - or fuck up. Volume tone tune play.

Bonus is, of course, moah tonewood around the critical neck joint. Go read about EVHs destroyed Destroyer, and work backwards from there.

Earl Slick did it first, at least on purpose. Leslie West with Mountain.

Thankfully people simply cannot wrap their head aroundeven one guitar not having a pickup that most use 20% of the time at best. So these don't get snapped up as quick.

22 polished crowned and leveled frets. Always loved the pearl dots.

The 500T is a serious hot shit contender. Don't listen to morons who think made in 80's = hair metal butt rock tones. Not every pickup is the damned JB, which IME onstantly turns my amp's Sabbath crush into Aquanet.

Think crossing a Custom SH5 with the SH6 Distortion. Has the SH6's brOOtz and harmonics with the SH5's more woody PAF style voice. Factory coil tap reveals that it splits well. Never been less tempted to swap pickups in my life. 500T in an SG is pretty fucking dynamite, and since people have this weird idea that Gibson and Fender don't know how to make the pickups they're known for pioneering, go cheap. $119 retail is SD Custom Shop territory.

These are fucking great "Poor Man's Iommi" pickups.

Those are my target set though I've never tried them personally. Considered Lace Drop N Gains, D Activators, Nazgul/Sentient (best "brootz" set I've yetplsyed, very modern even through my AOR), EMG 57/66 & Hets, Deathbucker, have a really decent HB103 set.

If you like old school heavy, these bring it.

Only thing that may unseat the 500 is those tasty Fluence pickups. Cheaper than Bare Knuckles or Iommis, are genuinely new technology with real benefits (active tech without the EMG sterility AND can do their own game better), and...two pickup voicings in one.

Fluence Modern (maybe Classic, heard they do metal fine) and some GFS Sperzel copies, call it a day.

We're getting married in the spring, shh my Melody Maker doesn't know yet ;-)

Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual
You're just a face in the crowd!

Welcome to America,
Say goodbye to your rights!
(Yeah, right!)
They crept up behind them
And slit their throat left to right!

- Mettaya, "Welcome To America"

HP-KEEF-MAKER

That single hb sg is fucking badass. Dig that Flying v on the previous page too. Reminds me that I need a sg... and a flying v... well also need an another tele and a strat. Wouldn't mind a 335 either. Oh well.

Beta Cloud

waiting for the tax return. gonna cop another lester. it's either gonna be a goldtop or cherryburst. i already got a tobaccoburst and honeyburst.
looking at trad pro/classic/or standard.
maybe a deluxe or p90.

TO BE CONTINUED...
why does it hurt when i pee?

bitter

Post a pic of the tobaccoburst and honeyburst side-by-side, Holmes.

Beta Cloud

Quote from: bitter on February 19, 2016, 11:30:47 PM
Post a pic of the tobaccoburst and honeyburst side-by-side, Holmes.

POOF!

bitter

showdown

Thinking of making a bid on this mid-70s Tokai-made Sigma LP... solid wood (veneer top), set neck, plays really nice...

Beta Cloud

played it's twin here but found a better deal on a used one online.
on it's way to me via UPS from Chicago Music Exchange, should be here next wed-thurs.
this could possibly be the world's most perfect Lester. goldtop, 59 neck, p90's, orange drop caps, bigsby, 10pounds, 4ounces.
only 300 made. and that back.
the most gorgeous mahogany back i've ever seen, goddamned near Koa. $1700 shipped.

fucking had to.

mortlock

whats your address again?? you know, just so I can keep an eye out so it doesn't get stolen next wed/thurs.

....and when the fuck are we playing a show?? you got all the killer gear, now you just got to use it.

Beta Cloud

Quote from: mortlock on February 26, 2016, 06:03:44 PM
whats your address again?? you know, just so I can keep an eye out so it doesn't get stolen next wed/thurs.

....and when the fuck are we playing a show?? you got all the killer gear, now you just got to use it.

El Morto, you shall be greeted by this-

or this-

or maybe just this-

seriously dude, we're playing this in July, (old friend and metal show promoter extrordinaire Brian Pattison's birthday bash)-

come on down, have a beer, play with the puppy, and we'll shoot some cans n' shit out back!

been a slow year for shows man. and i'm down to four guitars and one amp now. getting all domestic and fatherly n' shit.

RacerX

Quote from: Beta Cloud on February 26, 2016, 01:47:50 PM
played it's twin here but found a better deal on a used one online.
on it's way to me via UPS from Chicago Music Exchange, should be here next wed-thurs.
this could possibly be the world's most perfect Lester. goldtop, 59 neck, p90's, orange drop caps, bigsby, 10pounds, 4ounces.
only 300 made. and that back.
the most gorgeous mahogany back i've ever seen, goddamned near Koa. $1700 shipped.

fucking had to.

Beautiful, man. If I ever get an LP, it'll be loaded with P-90s or mini humbuckers which I'll pull & replace with P-90s.
Livin' The Life.

Beta Cloud

Quote from: RacerX on February 26, 2016, 06:53:46 PM
Beautiful, man. If I ever get an LP, it'll be loaded with P-90s or mini humbuckers which I'll pull & replace with P-90s.

knew you'd appreciate it man, what pushed me to pull the pin was our last discussion here about p90's.
saw a deluxe for $1800 on reverb and calculated in my mind a conversion cost to p90's.
caught a glimpse of this, the bigsby w/vibramate and original stoptail included made me see how great of a deal it is.

i'm a gigantic gilmour fan and didn't realize this until after the fact-

now i got a super big rubbery one.

mortlock

dood..why did you not get my band on that gig. you know you want us there. no show like that is complete without some noisecore. seriously we will be quick..15 to 20 min set.

btw, cute doggie.

Beta Cloud

Quote from: mortlock on February 26, 2016, 07:03:34 PM
dood..why did you not get my band on that gig. you know you want us there. no show like that is complete without some noisecore. seriously we will be quick..15 to 20 min set.

btw, cute doggie.

lemme call brian...

mortlock