Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

Beta Cloud

why does it hurt when i pee?

jibberish

nice tune.    i wonder how much it would take to bribe your frontman to come up here and be my front man.

i'm tellin' ya, he is a gem. 

ok, so the scorpion pepper song came on next...more proof...

everdrone

mortlock

everdrone

bitter

Got this off of amazon today and spent a little time with it. Definitely that EW tone, but I'm not sure how I feel about it just now. Good lord does it have a lot of dirt built into it though.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

liquidsmoke

^ I have that and the real deal and they sound exactly the same to my ears. I use them both in my 2 piece band/project. It's not the heaviest thickest most brutal sounding distortion pedal ever made but into a tube amp they are great.

bitter

What settings do you use? I'm trying to dial out some of the harsher overtones.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: bitter on March 10, 2016, 01:00:55 AM
What settings do you use? I'm trying to dial out some of the harsher overtones.

I turn the treble down a bit to smooth it out. Usually have the dirt between 12 and 3:00

Beta Cloud

NEW AMP DAY!!!
so orange discontinued the tiny terror line. bummer.
but i scored a used TT combo for $500 total!!!

gonna be up all night playing Thin Lizzy tunes with a bottle of irish whisky.
happy st. pats stoners!!!

why does it hurt when i pee?

CID Vicious

Bitter, that's a good pedal. Trick is to run it into a JCM800 ish level of gain. The sound stacked with the Marshall is the shizznite.

Had a Jax fuzz wah, the real circuit, for awhile, but was too nice to brutalize.

Anyway NGD was this weekend, but sold my Slick SL59. Had a Washburn Hawk RI, a Hamer SS Archtop, & a Daisy Rock Elite Jr style battling it out at 110 each.

DR has too skinny a neck, otherwise dope in a glammy kinda way. Set neck.

Hamer had dreaded neck joint issues.

Washburn was spray painted over a burst flametop, beat to shit but had potential. Wouldn't do it for that coin though.

Soo...ex thrasher's beat to shit LTD EC300 FTW.

Snapped & reset neck, plays...100 bucks.

However, my eagle eye spied:

Pair of 81s, not HZs.

Sperzel tuners.

And came with a pair of Schaller pins for the locks I had.

New NYXLs and even without a neck tweak, plays fine for a beater, and rolling the tone back takes a lot of the "activeness" away for less modern stuff. Liking it more than I thought. I noticed newer ECs have a different shape. Might have to keep an eye out for a non thrashed one.

I'm calling it Trash Panda.
Welcome to America
NO FREEDOM ALLOWED!
You're not an individual
You're just a face in the crowd!

Welcome to America,
Say goodbye to your rights!
(Yeah, right!)
They crept up behind them
And slit their throat left to right!

- Mettaya, "Welcome To America"

RacerX

Might I inquire as to why you sold the Slick?
Livin' The Life.

bitter

I know.

zachoff

Picked up this guy for $60 today!  '85 Aria Pro II RSB.  Needs a bit of work, but the noise it makes is pretty damn awesome.

liquidsmoke

XXX
Been curious about these for a long time and the price was right.
At some point a lame embarrassed person scratched off the Peavey logo and there is no back piece but it has new tubes and came with the 3 button footswitch. I can live without the mudflap girls. Sounding good so far, more or less like the tube amp version of the Amptweaker TightMetal pedal which makes sense because James Brown designed them both. May use it and the TM(into the Carvin) at the same time with different cabs for recording.

BastardCthulhu

I've recently bought some toys....I got a Sansamp Programmable 3-channel DI (love it), and a Squier Deluxe Jazz V.  the bass is ok.  I swore off of 5 strings a long time ago, but my stupid shitty bar cover band requires 3, THREE different tuning scenarios, and I just can't justify having 3 basses onstage. Anyhoo, the active preamp is pretty cool, but it makes the Sansamp unnecessary.  I opted for the active because passive Squier 5'ers are pretty lame on the low end.  It's heavy, but it sounds good.  On that end, i wound up needing a new strap to conteract the weight issue.  Got me a Mono Betty.  Nice strap, distributes the bulk nicely.  Not long enough, even though I got the "extra long", but it'll do.  This ends my once-a-week rambling. 

bbottom

I finally broke down and just bought a decent strap. the strap that I've been using was my grandfathers and it's probably 40 years old....and looks every bit of it. It's comfortable as hell, but it's held together by tape. So it was time to retire it.

jibberish

edit: sony KD-px440 voice recorder, except it can record at high data rates too

this was cheap as hell w/e $53.
Sony rules.    the whole thing is the memory stick, you just slide the connector out like any other one and plug it into the PC or a USB extension cord.
awesome having this recording power on tap in your pocket wherever. has an SD card slot so I could even load music and some stupid amount of internal memory.

also the best feature is a mechanical lock that once engaged, you cant fuck up anything on the recorder to blow your take.  have to turn off the lock to stop the recording.
awesome.

Lumpy

Quote from: bbottom on April 16, 2016, 12:17:36 AM
I finally broke down and just bought a decent strap. the strap that I've been using was my grandfathers and it's probably 40 years old....and looks every bit of it. It's comfortable as hell, but it's held together by tape. So it was time to retire it.

I really like these seatbelt straps some people make. Super comfy. Maybe a little too slippery, if that's an issue for you. Cheap versions on Musicians Friend (like 10 bucks) or spend a little more (15) for a slightly nicer one from Souldier on Reverb.com.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

heytrid

Thought I was going to have to buy an reissue '58...

Classic, Iced Tea burst plain top, 57/57+, custom shop checklist with photo of it on the bench.

Saved myself a little money so I figured I would also add another ppc412 to the mix

mortlock

heres some shitty pics of the bass i got off my bandmate. $50 and a quarter got me this. does anyone know what it is and what year.
we were thinking 1960s Sears catalog bass.

got some steampunk shit going on with the make shift copper tubing single string saddle for the 4 strings.

in the jam room with it a few weeks ago.

Dave J

Heytrid, that there Les Paul is a thing of beauty.  Nice set of guitars altogether.
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat