Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachoff

Quote from: mortlock on April 20, 2016, 11:18:14 PM
heres some shitty pics of the bass i got off my bandmate. $50 and a quarter got me this. does anyone know what it is and what year.
we were thinking 1960s Sears catalog bass.

got some steampunk shit going on with the make shift copper tubing single string saddle for the 4 strings.

in the jam room with it a few weeks ago.

No idea, but it's rad.  Love shit like that.  What's the name on the headstock?

mortlock

there is no name anywhere on it.

Lumpy

Quote from: mortlock on April 20, 2016, 11:18:14 PM
we were thinking 1960s Sears catalog bass.

Pretty sure some of those instruments (Global, Silvertone?) were made at the same factory that made Teiscos.

Is it purple-burst?

It stays in tune?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

it is a purple/black/tobacco burst. it does stay in tune believe it or not. not that it matters for what I play.

spookstrickland

Just picked this up on ebay, cant wait to do some 60s and 70s Psych doom with my band now!  I got inspired listening to Blood Ceremony and Psychedelic Witch.

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Beta Cloud

just ditched the skeevy lookin' white as florescent light pickguard and plastic parts on my surf green strat with creme and mint green accoutrements.
i deserve massive focus points for just using that word. i'll say it again. accoutrements. it just rolls off the tongue.
and all for less than $20 with a coupon code from the stratosphere.
damn it feels good to be a gangster.

why does it hurt when i pee?

jibberish

Quote from: Beta Cloud on April 23, 2016, 09:19:48 PM
just ditched the skeevy lookin' white as florescent light pickguard and plastic parts on my surf green strat with creme and mint green accoutrements.
i deserve massive focus points for just using that word. i'll say it again. accoutrements. it just rolls off the tongue.
and all for less than $20 with a coupon code from the stratosphere.
damn it feels good to be a gangster.

yes, that pleases the eye muchly.   fuck that fluorescent zinc-oxidesque accoutrement. Frisbee da bitch off the balcony into da woods

mortlock

I frisbeed a red jazz bass pick guard into lake Ontario once while wasted. Regretted it. Had to buy a new one.

Beta Cloud

gentlemen, i submit a proposition...let's start a club.

1. it must involve ugly pickguards.

2. it must involve beer.

name suggestions for such organization is open for discussion.

everdrone

Im up for that  ;D ;D ;D, my orange pickgaurd is open for discussion:

Beta Cloud

Discö Rice

Did someone say ugly pickguards?

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

everdrone

yay! Im in!  whats the secret handshake???  Ive wanted to be a part of something for soooo long!  Ill drink to that :)

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

liquidsmoke

2013 '60s tribute in Vintage Sunburst. Thin neck, 24 frets, burstbucker pups. Looking for a set of the Witchfinder General hat knobs from the '70s tribute.

The pups have plenty of power and bite for me but not too much. I'm getting monstrous full range distortion tones and the thick low mids my cave metal brain needs despite the covers, PCB board(internet talk..), and light weight. My cheap guitars sound limited and somewhat weak in comparison(duh, right?). It's only slightly neck heavy and the strap I'm using although fairly smooth provides enough grip to prevent it from dropping when I let go to change pedals and what not. The nut is short and the strings sit on it more than in it. I have only 2 criticisms: the fret ends are a little sharp, not real bad but noticeable and the bridge bolts don't have slots for a screwdriver which makes adjustments take more time. Otherwise I'm really really digging this guitar. One ring to rule them all, or at least when I'm in tunings allowed by 14 18 28 42 52 68 strings(currently A#). Some of the newer Gibson pauls in this price range don't look so great upon close inspection but there isn't really anything in the fit and finish of this guitar that seems sloppy or off. I'm glad I gave the SG another chance. Stay away from the models with the 50s neck if you want a balanced guitar.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-60s-Tribute.aspx

Beta Cloud

very nice!!!
i'm really digging the tributes that gibson put out this year!

everdrone

nice tribute!  I liked the price on those as well, I meant to trade in my epiphone with emg81-85 so it would be the backup instead but never got to it

mortlock

Quote from: Discö Rice on April 24, 2016, 10:01:49 PM
Did someone say ugly pickguards?

nice. if thats yours and you want to sell it..let me know.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: everdrone on April 29, 2016, 07:47:33 PM
nice tribute!  I liked the price on those as well, I meant to trade in my epiphone with emg81-85 so it would be the backup instead but never got to it

I wasn't paying attention at the time but I've read they were around $900 new and occasionally blown out for less. Used but in near new condition they tend to go for 500/600. There are some 'chocolate' finish ones floating around and I think that may have been a Musician's Friend exclusive, they look really nice although a bit reddish in certain light.

liquidsmoke

The '70s tribute, love those knobs. This model comes with a 'medium' neck and Dirty Fingers pups though.

everdrone

wow those dirty fingers are killer!  I dig the neck inlays too.

Mr. Foxen

New drummer bought this.

Never had someone in the band who just sorts their gear the fuck out right away before.

eyeprod

Got a nice bonus at work and pulled the trigger on this Ferrari of drum machines. This thing is completely amazing sounding (8 voice analog drum synth and also plays samples) and has every tool for performance I need. Was using the hell out of the volca sample, but needed a little more from it. This has WAYYY more, and sure is nice to have something top of the line and modern for a change. A performance machine.

CV - Slender Fungus

Danny G

I'll need to take pics of the full hoard of gear I mentioned in the Jam Room but here's a pic of one of the toms on the mystery drum set (all signs pointing to 70's Pearl Export with the wraps stripped off).

Looking forward to cleaning them up with lemon oil, replacing the heads, and seeing how they sound

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

jibberish

nice toy droney. all that electron shit is like moog shit. very nice, and somewhat pricey.
you would have to use a DAW like ableton, controlling an analog drum machine to do all of the shit that that thing does from one box.

I believe rager scored an electron analog4 before he evaporated from here.  I was envious heh.

edit: fuck spellcheck it turned eleKtron into electron wtf...