Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

Beta Cloud

Quote from: liquidsmoke on November 05, 2016, 06:50:10 PM
Witchfinder general hat knobs and custom cut pick guard finally installed. I love this guitar. Some nuGibsons are good. The only thing weird to me is the slightly chalky look of the fretboard but the sound is fantastic. Sorry about the shitty picture quality here.

loved my sg's, so very much. but the neck dive on my belly was a deal breaker. love the weight and 'hang' of my les pauls much more and they're my keepers. miss the sg's though.
why does it hurt when i pee?

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Beta Cloud on November 18, 2016, 10:12:15 PM
loved my sg's, so very much. but the neck dive on my belly was a deal breaker. love the weight and 'hang' of my les pauls much more and they're my keepers. miss the sg's though.

You'd probably like the '60s tribute model as it's pretty balanced although not quite like a LP. I think the 'future' SG may also have a really thin neck. Sometimes these guitars go for $500 or less in brand new condition.

Danny G

Expect a new Ocean of Stars EP for Spring 2017 \m/,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

zachoff

Got a Heritage Classic Mockingbird this week...

Got a Sunn Concert last week...

Super stoked on both, but haven't played the Rich with the band yet.  Hopefully that goes well, but I'll be swapping the active pre for a couple of passive Ps soon enough.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

Danny G

Sweet.

And I have that same SVT. Beast.

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

heytrid

bought a practice amp on boxing day haha Came with covers, whoever owned them before kept them in basically fresh out of the box condition.

AD140HTC / PPC412HP

everdrone

wow 140 watt tube amp!  what a beast!!!  nice score

zachoff

Quote from: Danny G on January 13, 2017, 07:44:09 PM
Sweet.

And I have that same SVT. Beast.

It's weird.  The Sunn and the Ampeg both sound awesome by themselves, don't get me wrong... But having the Sunn slaved to the Ampeg is incredible.  Running the Sunn as the pre really rounds out the mid-heavy tone of the SVT and having the SVT in the power section boosts what's lacking in the Sunn.

Danny G

Cool.

Do you bridge the channels on the SVT?

If not, try that too \m/,

zachoff

I have bridged the channels, but have had varying reports on what effect, if any, that has on the sound.  I for sure got more of a hum/buzz when I bridged them though, so I quit doing it.

Stonergrunge

Patch cables!

So far so good.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Baltar

I picked up an Excel stereo volume pedal for $30 CAN. I did a double-take when I saw the ad. It's definitely a Colorsound wah/exp housing, stamped steel, etc. Instead of a footswitch, there's a master volume pot under the treadle. So basically if you plug it in, it's always on. No 9V or battery needed. I'm probably going to buy a drop in kit on Reverb or eBay eventually.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Baltar

I picked up this Super Swede for $350 CAN/$283 US. I named it after my mum who died in Sept of '14. OHSC
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Discö Rice

She's dreamy.

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

A different, natural finish T-40 was my first. :) Had to sell it to make rent during a rough stretch about 15 years back. This purchase was sort of settling a score with myself. Man I love the way these fuckers sound.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Stonergrunge

Long cables!

So far so good. I can honestly say though that these are the thickest and heaviest cables I've ever seen.
Fuzz is love

Stonergrunge

I bought this pedal in order to use it with my delay's fx loop and it sounds very cool.
Fuzz is love

bbottom

There was a musicians swap meet here this weekend. Some junk but lots of cool old stuff. I picked up this bad boy for $80!

It works great, even though it is beat up. If I decide to keep it I'll have to have a new cable with a ground installed and possibly an input so that I could put it on my board. But if I sell it, which is what I'm leaning towards I should be able to get a decent return on it. But we'll see, it's a pretty cool pedal to own and this is the first time that I've ever seen an old Mutron in person.

The same guy had an old Roland Space echo 101 (without the tape) for $250 and a second generation Vox wah for $50. I was on the fence about picking up the space echo because those things go at least double that. He told me that he had the thing sitting in his closet for 25 years.

Lumpy

That Mutron is probably worth $300. I used to have one, it's 'chewy'. The AC cord and size make them impractical. I loaned mine to a friend, and he gave it away :(

I bought an Electro Harmonix Mole today (bass booster) I already have a DOD Meatbox, but I saw a cheap Mole online and always wanted to try it.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

spookstrickland

I just picked up a Mint Marshall AVT 2000 combo for cheap, might not be a full on tube monster but It totally does the Whole Lotta Love Zep tone so I'm happy.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org