Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortlock

never played a cello but i did fuck around with an upright bass for awhile. it was hard as fuck to play.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

renfield

I took classical music lessons on cello for like 6 years

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on October 30, 2019, 10:35:48 PM
never played a cello but i did fuck around with an upright bass for awhile. it was hard as fuck to play.

That was my attempt at humor. Sorry.
No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

I just picked up a Behringer SF300 Super fuzz so that I could spare the wear and tear on my Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz.
I must say the sound is very close. Maybe just a little more treble on the original. Nothing that can't be compensated for with tone adjustment. 

Stonergrunge

I was just testing the WMD Protostar and started to play a lot of random stuff and tweaking the knobs but it was so fun that I decided to upload it as a video on YouTube since I don't have too much space available on SoundCloud:

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Lumpy

Are you using the Protostar to control other pedals, or just on it's own? Is it a filter?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Lumpy on November 02, 2019, 03:20:02 AM
Are you using the Protostar to control other pedals, or just on it's own? Is it a filter?

I'm just using the pedal on it's own. It's an envelope filter but capable of so much more. I'm still scratching the surface in terms of all the things the pedal can do but at least now I know that it truly shines with distorsion/OD/fuzz when it's placed before them in the chain.
Fuzz is love

RacerX

I just bought a harmonica, a Hohner Special 20—good enough for Ozzy on The Wizard, good enough to learn on.

That said, my initial attempts at honking on the thing lead me to believe my wife is in for some uncomfortable listening...
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 02, 2019, 10:30:21 AM

I'm just using the pedal on it's own. It's an envelope filter but capable of so much more. I'm still scratching the surface in terms of all the things the pedal can do but at least now I know that it truly shines with distorsion/OD/fuzz when it's placed before them in the chain.

Ya oughtta get an expression pedal at least for controlling some of the modulation parameters.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: RacerX on November 07, 2019, 03:23:09 PM
I just bought a harmonica, a Hohner Special 20—good enough for Ozzy on The Wizard, good enough to learn on.

That said, my initial attempts at honking on the thing lead me to believe my wife is in for some uncomfortable listening...

That's my first instrument. I play it upside down. Its more natural or me to hold it on the right for the lower stuff and do vibrato on the higher notes going the other way. I dunno but it works.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

I've got the basic concept down, but I'm having serious difficulty learning to bend notes.  >:(
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

Some harps are easier to bend. You want a blues harp.

RacerX

The Special 20 is a blues harp—it's even advertised as easy to bend. Anyway, I'm a stubborn sumbitch, so I'm getting closer now. I can bend 1/2 step when I get it right, which is maybe 1 outta 4 attempts.
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

Electro Harmonix released a "Rams Head" Big Muff reissue last week, so that makes four vintage Big Muff reissues. I have the other three (Green Russian, Op Amp, Triangle Muff) and they are all good, slightly different, and cheep (about $60 for a restock or lightly used one). I will probably get the Rams Head one too.

RAGER

I've never owned a Big Muff unless you count the BAT Pharoah. Isn't that a modified BM?

Been kinda gassin for one of these.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Yeah the Pharaoh is a modified Big Muff.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: RAGER on November 08, 2019, 12:47:24 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 02, 2019, 10:30:21 AM

Ya oughtta get an expression pedal at least for controlling some of the modulation parameters.

oh believe me, I do want to get one but right now everything is quite complicated around here due to the social crisis and the prices of pretty much everything imported skyrocketed because of that.
Fuzz is love

Muffin Man

Quote from: Stonergrunge on November 13, 2019, 08:52:07 AM
oh believe me, I do want to get one but right now everything is quite complicated around here due to the social crisis and the prices of pretty much everything imported skyrocketed because of that.

Not a problem. If you have to, trim back to basics. I just got a Kemper Stage but probably it's never going to sound/fell like a 50-100watt head/cab rig. So I live in luxury but it comes at a price. If I get in there (it has 4 expression pedal inputs) and wrestle-out a tune I'd be damn lucky to come out ahead. Usually, I get lucky. So aim for that.

Muffin Man

Obviously I'm out of my gourd but anyway some Nick

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Awesome! I've got an Ultimate too. Man, I so miss the old room jams, the grey-carpet walled box.

RAGER

I've got two. The other one is directly from the builder so it's just a plain aluminum box. I don't use it. I had a MV installed in the Marshall last year so I just use the gold one on the Orange to just shave a little off the top.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Black Friday coming up, now is a good time of year to buy equipment.

Muffin Man

Confucius say Santa bring 20-20 hindsight, in 2020