Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

After almost buying a sandberg 48 at GC a few weeks ago, I came across a custom one that was sent to Chicago music exchange. It was the coolest looking instrument that I have ever seen. Well two days later the damn thing popped up on reverb.
I kept going back and forth about it until I was convinced by the wife and my guitar player just to buy the fucking thing. So I did...

This thing is rad AF. Not only is it in Gulf Livery (I had the matching gt40 matchbox when I was a kid) but it is basically a more modern t bird.

Lumpy

Wow, that is a real attention grabber. Sweet.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Danny G

Dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

neighbor664

Muffin Man

James1214

That bass is boner inducing.

words

words

renfield

gotta change my undies now

Lumpy

I always thought clip-on tuners were dumb for some reason, but I bought one and I love it. Most of my practice is unplugged, and it's so much easier not plugging into a tuner, or trying to remember where I set the tuner down. There are tuner apps but I've never tried one. I got the Korg "Sledgehammer Pro" (dumb name for a tuner) and it works better than some of the cheaper tuner pedals I've tried, including the Boss TU-2. I paid about $22 including shipping. I wouldn't play a gig with one attached to my instrument, but for practice it's great.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bbottom

Quote from: Lumpy on April 29, 2021, 01:01:26 PM
I always thought clip-on tuners were dumb for some reason, but I bought one and I love it. Most of my practice is unplugged, and it's so much easier not plugging into a tuner, or trying to remember where I set the tuner down. There are tuner apps but I've never tried one. I got the Korg "Sledgehammer Pro" (dumb name for a tuner) and it works better than some of the cheaper tuner pedals I've tried, including the Boss TU-2. I paid about $22 including shipping. I wouldn't play a gig with one attached to my instrument, but for practice it's great.

You hit the nail on the head. They're great for practice. But if you're playing a show....take the damn thing off

renfield

I have the polytune clip on, it rules.

RAGER

I have two clip on tuners. They're awesome. Took the tu-2 off my board.
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

The Reverend case and strap arrived two days ago...

Whereas the Reverend Flatroc arrived today...

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Muffin Man

Nice selection good looking/classy colors! What's that knob on the upper bout? (oh, the bass rolloff?)
I just got one too but a different model. Pics later.

Muffin Man

Quote from: bbottom on April 28, 2021, 03:25:13 PM

That thing is just nutz. People are going to freak if you play that out.
Have you seen Ford V Ferrari? I just watched it a couple month's back, might have to rewatch again end of the year.

RAGER

Quote from: Stonergrunge on April 30, 2021, 09:01:31 PM
The Reverend case and strap arrived two days ago...

Whereas the Reverend Flatroc arrived today...

They didn't  ship the damn guitar in its case?
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on April 30, 2021, 11:18:22 PM
Nice selection good looking/classy colors! What's that knob on the upper bout? (oh, the bass rolloff?)
I just got one too but a different model. Pics later.

You got a new guitar?
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I did, the Reeves Gabrels. I've been dreaming of a dedicated wiggler setneck for a long time and after a 6pack smashed the cart. If worse comes to worse I can just hang it on the wall. Candy metallic of some sort. Man, the wiggler bar is a hair-trigger!! but it snaps right back. Pin lock tuners, set up for 9's. I never played 9's before, well, once, but usualy 10's or 11's. The 11's days are long gone. I haven't played, for recording, for ages, so have to woodshed for awhile.

In it's native habitat:

Couch pose

Stonergrunge

Quote from: RAGER on May 01, 2021, 09:17:59 AM

They didn't  ship the damn guitar in its case?

Yes they didn't, the guitar came in a cardboard box, the case is sold separately. It sucks but that is the way they sell other models besides this one.
Fuzz is love

RAGER

That is weird and seems to just invite damage. The cheapo I bought from GFS came in the case even though the case is sold as a separate product.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

That sandberg bass is awesome. I like the basses they make. How does it play and sound?

bbottom

Quote from: mortlock on May 03, 2021, 12:37:27 PM
That sandberg bass is awesome. I like the basses they make. How does it play and sound?
It plays fantastic. The neck width is somewhere between a Jazz and a P bass. But front to back it's more jazz than P.

The body is more compact than my thunderbirds. In fact I'd say overall it's like an updated version of one.

It sounds great. It definitely has more of a modern sound than my other basses, especially when in active mode. 

It's a really sick instrument. And even if I hated the way that it played and sounded I'd probably still keep it because of how cool looking it is. :)     

RAGER

Yeah dude that bass rips.
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

Quote from: RAGER on May 03, 2021, 11:03:59 AM
That is weird and seems to just invite damage. The cheapo I bought from GFS came in the case even though the case is sold as a separate product.

That's true and I did notice a few lines around the body surrounding the area where the neck is bolted-on to the body, but I'm not sure if they're just a cosmetic detail or signs of a deeper problem... at least the guitar feels very solid so far.
Fuzz is love

RAGER

If it stays in tune and the intonation is true and you are happy with your purchase then it is of no consequence in my thinking. Rock on! And let's hear some more fuzz solos.

I have a bit commander that is a lot of fun. I should upload a video.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: bbottom on May 03, 2021, 01:53:24 PM
Quote from: mortlock on May 03, 2021, 12:37:27 PM
It plays fantastic. The neck width is somewhere between a Jazz and a P bass. But front to back it's more jazz than P.

The body is more compact than my thunderbirds. In fact I'd say overall it's like an updated version of one.

It sounds great. It definitely has more of a modern sound than my other basses, especially when in active mode. 

It's a really sick instrument. And even if I hated the way that it played and sounded I'd probably still keep it because of how cool looking it is. :)   
if i were to ever get a t bird style bass, the sandberg would be it.