Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonergrunge

Today I received three packages from Sweetwater, Perfect Circuit and Arkansas Musicworks:

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Pissy

Are you making an expression pedal?
Vinyls.   deal.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Pissy on December 22, 2021, 07:06:17 PM
Are you making an expression pedal?

;D ;D No, the BOSS EV-30 is a dual expression pedal, I just bought a second TRS cable (the MXR one) for the BOSS, the short cable is for the WMD Protostar patchbay and the two Dunlop Cry Baby potentiometers are for my wah... I'm a fucking beast with my wah because I tend to rock the pedal too fast so it's not a bad idea to have a few pot replacements right here at home.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

mortlock

I got this for the livingroom jam sessions. 1x12 bass cab.

bbottom

Nice. I love Orange bass cabs especially the 1x15's.

Muffin Man

the 15 will grunt but i bet that 12 will bark good

RAGER

All I have is some 50 year old 4x12's.
No Focus Pocus

Dylan Thomas

I'm stocking up on "secret weapon" pedals for the Black Pyramid album that we're recording this Spring.

Picked up a Death By Audio Fuzz War, which I love, as well as a Keeley Bubbletron, which I dig.  I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to use it, but the "step" filter feature is pretty cool, as are the envelope follower controlled phase and flange settings.  It's a bit strange, as I actually pitched a whole pedal line to an electrical engineer, my ideas for the line were basically adding envelope follower rather than strictly potentiometer controlled settings.  So it's super weird utilizing a new pedal with the options I'd visualized more than a decade ago.

I also ordered a Farm Fly Agaric Phaser.....anyone familiar with this thing?  Dual phaser with just two rate knobs and a "heart" switch that inverts one of the phase speeds for Leslie style rotary type effects.  Everything else is preset to a very "musical" voicing - it doesn't get too weird and wild with the depth and resonance.  The pedal's true beauty is the weird harmonics, overtones and nodes created by the dualing phases.  The demos on Youtube sound friggin' amazing, and they're made by this dude in Maine who does actually run a farm as well.  Price point wasn't bad for a small run, hand-made pedal.

Anyone else familiar with the Fly Agaric?  I cannot wait to use this on a recording, may very well go on my new live board as well.

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

RAGER

That fly agaric pedal reminds me of the Catlinbread Pareidolia. Cool pedal.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I've got a Moogerfooger 105M that does the step filter thing. It is fun but not super practical for my guitar playing so it pretty much stays on my modular synth rig.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

what tremolo pedal should I get? Or should I just rock the pickup selector switch back and forth

RAGER

Have Danny build you one that does the chop chop chop.
No Focus Pocus

James1214

I have a Boss tr2, and the BYOC brown face, I like both. The tr2 is a standard term, works great. The brown face is a harmonic tremolo, sounds kinda unique, like a combo trem and phaser, I also like it a lot. Although, I kinda stopped using both recently, as my Acoustic combo has trem and verb on board and they sound killer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
words

renfield

I think you just found me my next project, James

RAGER

I've built a few of those BYOC. Top notch stuff.
No Focus Pocus

James1214

Quote from: renfield on January 26, 2022, 11:56:28 AM
I think you just found me my next project, James
Right on.

words

James1214

My next project is a klon clone I picked up, gonna print up a version of this reverse centaur on some decal paper for the artwork.... Cuz it's funny as fuck, and my band has had a running joke about reverse centaurs and reverse mermaids, and I know they'll lose their shit at a reverse centaur pedal.

words

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: renfield on January 24, 2022, 07:24:20 PM
what tremolo pedal should I get? Or should I just rock the pickup selector switch back and forth

I've been getting into harmonic tremolos.

"Harmonic tremolo functions similarly to standard tremolo, but the high and low frequencies are offset from each other. The signal is split and sent separately through high- and low-pass filters. Then, these signals are offset by 180 degrees.

Since the highs and lows are out of phase with each other, the higher frequencies will ring through when the lows are cut by the tremolo, and vice versa. This results in a much smoother tremolo effect, with less of a perceivable variation in volume."
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

bbottom

Quote from: James1214 on January 27, 2022, 12:32:25 AM
My next project is a klon clone I picked up, gonna print up a version of this reverse centaur on some decal paper for the artwork.... Cuz it's funny as fuck, and my band has had a running joke about reverse centaurs and reverse mermaids, and I know they'll lose their shit at a reverse centaur pedal.

That is fantastic

James1214

Yeah, I think it's pretty fucking hilarious.... Can't wait. Unfortunately I cracked the ceramic element in my soldering station, the thing lasted me like 15 years, so I'm waiting on a new one.

words

everdrone

got an isp hum extractor and gate....love gated to avoid noise when I want....less hum is more tone especially when single coil

everdrone

Muffin Man

hunting the elusive sci-fi bongo beat. for synthheads. (switches are off when up!  :o )

James1214

1968-69 Peavey Concert 100, 100 watt combo, with a single altec Lansing 15" speaker. Apparently these were the first combos they ever made, and each one was a totally custom order. I have a buddy who works at Peavey and says it was almost certainly built by Hartley himself.

It's in amazingly good condition, just dusty.

Verb and trem work just fine. Gets some good speaker breakup when the volume gets up to 4-5.

Definitely gonna have my amp guy do a once-over on it just to be certain I don't blow it up, and to add a grounded cord.

words

mortlock

awesome score!! i love peaveys.