Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

always wanted a baritone and up came this acoustic-  will be interesting to record over the Winter. Always wanted an Alvarez since one of my dear friends had one and loved it. Whelp, along MF comes with their daily deal and $349 get's 'er done.

compensated saddle, bone nut (per spec sheet), super fit and finish, strings gotta go but I'll play it in a little. eeee-lectric!! Excellent packaging, no case/bag. I hope it opens-up toneally, a little constricted fresh out the box. New strings to look for. Potentially could be a strong player in the arsenal :D Otherwise, wall candy.

ps. scale is 27" 23/32". Tuned B-to-B. Think I'll play around with some alternate tuning. Any recommendations?

mortlock

love the back wood finish. my guess is the more you play it the more it will open up. you got to get some stank on it.

Muffin Man

Quote from: mortlock on September 14, 2022, 09:41:04 PM
love the back wood finish. my guess is the more you play it the more it will open up. you got to get some stank on it.
will do. I'm with you on that. I always look for interesting backs, or any visible wood grain, headstock etc. sometimes even the ugly ducklings look good to me. surprised when I opened the box and saw the back on this - has some interesting and actual flame to it.

Muffin Man

deeeellllaaayyyy, or is it echo. mainly for synth. mono input line or instrument/mono out. This thing is heavy as a brick, I'll have to open it up and see whuts up  :)

Pissy

I've never played a baritone.  Is B-B normal for baritone tuning?
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Sweet baritone. Tuned b to b. Just like e to e but b.

My Ibanez Echo shifter is slightly different. Huh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Quote from: Pissy on September 15, 2022, 07:31:19 AM
I've never played a baritone.  Is B-B normal for baritone tuning?

Was typing this when rager posted
@pissy
Me neither. Yes, B is OEM standard. I have to figure out string gauge to suit if I leave it dropped lower. in no hurry, the guit is just an accent tool. Probably should get a nice gong too but that's a real rabbit hole. Bari is one trick pony I'd guess.

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on September 15, 2022, 01:31:26 PM
Sweet baritone. Tuned b to b. Just like e to e but b.

My Ibanez Echo shifter is slightly different. Huh.

Okay 3frets lower. Oops, wait a minute, 5frets lower. eghads!
Man you beat me to it. Again. ES2, ES3 newest.

Muffin Man

Cylonix modular oscillator courtesy of Intellijel. yes.  aka bleeps and bloops WHO CARES!. Also known as wtf. I've got to give'er a go.

intro from legit boss:

RAGER

As if I need another damn pedal. But I've been eyeballing these for a long time. Multi effect in a small foot print. It'll probably live upstairs do I don't take up too much room when I just don't want to be in the basement.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

nice! oh you have a Sub37, it's a beaut. I could never make a decision on that, or any of their other keys. I think Id get the Sub25 but not any plans unless they have big sale. I have a subharmonicon to keep me busy.

RAGER

Yep. Got one of the very first ones. Serial number is in the mid 100's. Have a mother 32 also. That one's serial number 55.

For the 25 key thing I have the Mini Brute and Micro Brute.
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

The good thing about this motherfucker is that I can set and save the volume for each loop, the display window allows me to create a name for each recording which is far more convenient than having to write down the name of each file in a paper (there are almost 50 recordings) and now I can finally configure the electronic drums so they can keep on playing even if I stop the stored recording... oh, and also I didn't have to change the Y-cable for the FS-7 (an external double footswitch), which is obviously a good thing because it would have been a pain in the neck to replace it for a TRS-cable since there's a freaking spaghetti of a mess underneath my pedalboard.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

neighbor664

I just bought an Airstep Smart controller for my Boss Katana. I also only just now realized after owning the thing for a while now that the amp's USB is also there to be an audio I/O, not just for firmware updates. DOH!

https://xsonicaudio.com/pages/airstepkatedition

Pissy

I see one of those Katanas in my local GC. What do you think of it?
Vinyls.   deal.

neighbor664

Quote from: Pissy on January 09, 2023, 08:19:46 PM
I see one of those Katanas in my local GC. What do you think of it?

I love it. It is is as versatile and toneful as it is lightweight. Playing through it feels like a tube amp, not some disembodied modeling computer. In addition to it's quality onboard effects it takes pedals well. It can sound huge, like I'm punishing a big amp, but at low volumes. It also seems to use it's wattage very efficiently. When jamming with a drummer, keys and bass I'll often use it in 0.5 watt mode or in 25 watt mode with volume to spare.

Pissy

Cool.  I'll plug into it next time. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

I see people everyday posting on Reddit about their Katanas. Seem to be really popular.

You mean you're using it on 1/2 of a watt setting with a drummer? 
No Focus Pocus

Danny G

Was gifted this bad boy!

Ibanez Iceman electric ukelele!

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Danny G

It's like my 79 and my Paul Stanley reissue had a child. Nature is healing

Now I just need an Icemandolin!

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

James1214

Picked up the Boss OC5, which is a polyphonic octave. It has some neat tricks up it's sleeve, in that you can have separate outputs for effected and clean signals, and you can select the range of the octave, so that it only doubles/octaves down the lowest note of a chord that you're playing, then can send that octave down signal to a bass amp, while maintaining a clean, unaffected signals to your guitar amp (or vise versa as you can set it to a bass function also). It sounds killer.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
words

Pissy

That sounds cool.  Ground lift feature?
Vinyls.   deal.

James1214

That's the one thing it doesn't have. I don't need it for the rig I'm using it for though, as I'm aby-ing my signal, and only using the effected signal for the "bass" side.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

words