Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

That OC5 pedal sure sounds like the "bees knees".
I used to run a wet-dry system. One 4x12 for efx slave powered by a Mosfet from the guitar amp head (tube) that went to its 4x12 dry. I had my secret bag-of-tricks effects box that I keep looking out for on the used market. The setup was simple but by golly neat. (in a small room where it all gelled and you kinda couldn't tell it was separates. I mean it blended well. Like that pedal would I imagine.

James1214

I've had it for just a week, and only been able to jam it 2 times so far, I'm sure I'll get the setup all figured out and sounding as "bass" like as possible. In line with my aby, before the OC5 I'm using a TC Mimiq, which creates a double-tracking type effect, so that my bass and guitar parts will almost be in time, but be slightly off, to emulate a bassist and guitarist who are locked in but not robotically in sync.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

words

RAGER

I could've used that when I was in my two piece.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Pissy

Fret cauls for my birthday.  You know, for fretting.

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

I was at GC today and those guys know me somewhat at this point.  I looked at the back wall from the door and saw a red semi-hollow body. The biggest critique about this GC is the fsct that they had 0 es-335s. None. 

They still don't.  They say they can't find any. This guitar was a Heritage H-535. So I plugged it into a Boss Katana just like I told neighbor664 I was going to do. Guitar was great, but it wasn't all that much better to me than that Washburn. 

But that amp was impressive for sure.  Lots of ideas went through my head.  Like, hey is there a hacker subculture out there for inserting non-boss effects into this thing?  I can put a 412 under this and that'd be way cool. Oh, there's a head version?  Howzy bout on top of a bass cab?  What does the enormously huge signal from my MusicMan Stingray do to this?  Ooh there's a matching 212 extension cabinet?  This thing is super lightweight, and there's no touchscreen.  Can I put this effects loop in between the effects I feed it from the innerwebs?  While we're on the hacker subject, what if I started a business doing nothing but creating software models of boutique effects to plug into modeling amps.  Like a branded thing to plaster on the box of a pedal similar that Real symbol for dairy products that tells people there's a download code for the effect they're buying? 

And on, and on, and on.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

This is my katana. My VHT HW Special 6 and Roland cube. That's a Zoom multi stomp that has amp modelers, cab simulators and a ton of effects I can stack. At 6 watts on high power the VHT is loud ish with the 10". I can always connect to a 1x12 or bigger. The cube has a live out if need be.

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Dang that's great Rage. I picked up the Zoom after you mention it. In fact, someone on another forum was just mentioning effect chaining. I got a new keyboard to try it on. hang tite.

Muffin Man

Crumar suitcase. 61's

ok, gonna need lessons/tutorials, it's a different ballgame. Got many obviously 70's tones, no problem with those just a matter of connecting the dots. Luckily you can hold one key down and vroom it's a different planet. Songs will be made (the whole point).

Pissy

Cool stuff on both fronts. 

So I walked into GC yesterday as normal for niece's drum lesson and there was a Katana 100 mk2 with a used tag on it. $179 .   New they're $379.  Now here in TN there's some rule that says used items sold to a retail store for resale purposes have like a 14 day window where they can't leave the store.  At least I think it's a state thing.  Perhaps it's just GC policy.  Anyway the date on this amp was Jan 18.  I figured I'd plunk down the cash and pick it up on Wednesday.  But first, need to plug in make sure it's ok.  Talked to a sales dude and everything.  Almost handed my card over. 

I grab my favorite wall hanger, a candy red Epiphone Riviera and go to plug in and I look at the tag on the amp a little closer. It's for something else.   An Orange Crush practice amp. 

So I let them know they need to check the tag and sure enough, it's the wrong price.  Amp is actually new and an open box deal could be done for $320.  The tag was added incorrectly because the needed to take a picture of it with "any" tag hanging on it.   Store to store sale type thing.  None of this makes much sense to me, but I should have known it was too good to be true.

Dammit. Can't justify $400 on an amp.  I have plenty.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

My old friend owns this place. https://briz.us/brizloan.htm

They are retail and do pawns/loans. Everything they get has a 90 day police hold. On a regular basis they turn paperwork in with serial numbers to catch reported stolen items. Probably the same there just not as strict.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on January 14, 2023, 02:07:40 AM

Crumar suitcase. 61's

ok, gonna need lessons/tutorials, it's a different ballgame. Got many obviously 70's tones, no problem with those just a matter of connecting the dots. Luckily you can hold one key down and vroom it's a different planet. Songs will be made (the whole point).

Wait a second. Is this yours?  Is it a new instrument or vintage? 
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I caught it on sale, brand new. It's a virtual sound engine with everything modeled and editable like all the real organ sounds and noises. I have some software pipe organs but this is different. almost alive! It's going to be a long while before I can do the instrument justice so less is more for now. The reverse key colors kinda bumped me over the edge. Should go over well on Halloween :D

GSi sound engine, same people.

mortlock

speaking of pipe organs, you should check out pipe dreams. its a great radio show. heavy.
https://www.pipedreams.org/

Muffin Man

Quote from: mortlock on January 15, 2023, 07:22:28 PM
speaking of pipe organs, you should check out pipe dreams. its a great radio show. heavy.
https://www.pipedreams.org/

A whole lot going on there. Thanks for the link!

RAGER

I think I'm gonna buy one of theses. I wonder if I'll have any phasing issues. Right now I'm using a Radial A/B/Y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Cheap Yamaha China-coustic.  Surprisingly sounds great, in great condition and almost zero fret wear.  Only a C chord's worth and a tiny amount.

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

What model? I think I have a Yamaha acoustic. Haven't seen it in a long while since I got my Gibson Songwriter.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

I went full woo-woo and bought a b-stock vibrator 3 months ago (tone-rite. not perfect ) for tickling wood cell. 7-8 guitars run in now. It freaking, probably works. This one here, brand new Alvarez, has just had 500 hours of of vibratory action. Point is its puts years on the guitar, or wakes up the old ones, it woke up my Strat. Mentally, and if not fooled, I think it actually works, somewhat obvious and yeah confirmation bias aside, a no brainer. This is an Alvarez-Yairi. All of a sudden I have 3 Alvarez the baritone is the most dramatic but this D shape might be a sweet honey. Super old (100+) Madagascar back and sides. Musical value yet unknown but I hacked at it tonight and its might just work for surprise hippy parfait at the coffee shop.

it's upside-down because b-stock. Should be right side up but fiddle-faddle. So, its plugged in and vibrating, has a dial for low-to-high. They said to set it low for long sweet time. Low and slow.

RAGER

Ya what now?  Imma have to look that up.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

glad to loan it to you, call it a demo, for several months after i get through my guitars. i got hundreds of hours on a few so far. runs 24/7. i hope it fits the bass, thats next

Pissy

So this is like an ebow that tou plug in and works across all the strings?  In order to impart a characteristic that previously only occurred with time and use?
Vinyls.   deal.