Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

just bought a little danelectro pb&j delay for $10 and a custom box that lets me run my two 4 ohm cabs together as one 8 ohm load for $30.

good deal. leaves me $10 for the month for strings. i'm a cheap bastard.

mortlock

just got one of these..major score for the electronics set up..

At_Giza

Those things are cool, can get some pretty gnarly sounds out of it.

hazmat33

I picked this up so I can get my shred on...

A nice MIJ Jackson. All black-front and back, one pickup, one knob, no inlays!

fallen

Nice Jackson.

I've been looking at a lot Randy Rhoads flying Vs on eBay lately... tempting.

bitter

Picked up a Diamond pedals marquis treble/clean boost. Took my verellen to the shop and tried 2 diamond pedals and 2 xotic boosters (RC/AC). the xotic preamps were too spongy but the marquis was the best of the bunch. Finally have a boost to replace my tubescreamer, and now I have more usable gain without sounding thin or flubby. There's two modes: a Germanium treble boost (the go-to mode) and a germanium/jfet clean boost. 

Have to thank Hemi and Baltar for pointing me in this direction  ;)

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Discö Rice

Picked this guy up last night. Normally about 4 bills, new.

I paid One-Fiddy, new, in the box.  ;D Hooray!
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

Those are GREAT. I'm about to get my hands on a paiste 2002 24 inch ride.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

blackkrosses

Great deal on the ride. I had a 24" Rude crash/ride that was so loud I had to duct tape the bottom to dampen it. Sadly it was stolen.

Discö Rice

SunnO))) - That's what I'm currently using as a crash. Beautiful sounding cymbal. I will say I wish it opened up easier for crashing purposes, but it does sound killer. If you do plan to use it as a ride, be forewarned the wash gets louder than the stick hitting it by the fourth or fifth stroke or earlier. That's hitting with just the tip of the stick on the bow of the cymbal. (Edit: If you're playing hard, that is.)

blackkrosses - I had the 22 inch version of that cymbal. I believe they switched it from "Crash/Ride" to "Ride/Crash" for the bigger sizes (at least that's what it said on mine). Sadly I broke that fucker a few years back. I'm gonna look for the 24" version now that there's proof they exist. :D

blackkrosses

Yeah, that sounds right. It was my only cymbal for a long time. To ride on it though you had to play very softly. The thing wanted to be LOUD. I had mentioned the cymbal before to folks and their reaction always was: "a 24 inch crash-ride? are you SURE?!".

Discö Rice

VOLVO)))

I love the fast attack/short decay sound.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

blackkrosses

^ That's the one. Fuck me for leaving my drums in a goddam coffee shop and getting it stole-d. Fuggin teenagers. I'm sure you'll enjoy the 24 MEGA POWER!!! ride.

edited because I can't fucking read.

Discö Rice

Edited because my original response doesn't make sense now:

I'm sure I will. All of the sound samples I've heard (except the ones on Paiste's official site for some reason) are incredible, and I'm a total geek for Paiste.

blackkrosses

Yeah, the details got jumbled in my kindergarten head. Breaking one of those rude cymbals is quite the task. Congrats, sir.

Discö Rice

I'm not proud of that at all. I was bummed for months.

Discö Rice

I do wish Paiste would expand the Rude line. I wanna see some 24 or 26 inch rides, crashes, and chinas (both traditional and "novo"chinas). Some 15 and 16 inch  hats would be pretty fucking ace as well.

fallen

A band I was in auditioned a drummer once and he had somehow either robbed a store's stockroom or found a place going out of business or something... his kit was all 20" Paiste Rude rides.

5 of the same exact kind and size of cymbal, one used as a ride and the rest set up as crashes.

Mike_Sims

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 18, 2011, 12:34:57 PM
Those are GREAT. I'm about to get my hands on a paiste 2002 24 inch ride.
I have one  ;D It's fuckin killer!

Discö Rice

Quote from: fallen on November 18, 2011, 04:45:41 PM
A band I was in auditioned a drummer once and he had somehow either robbed a store's stockroom or found a place going out of business or something... his kit was all 20" Paiste Rude rides.

5 of the same exact kind and size of cymbal, one used as a ride and the rest set up as crashes.
So all of his cymbals sounded exactly the same? haha. I would've liked to put two of them together as hi-hats. Actually, I have a 20" Zildjian K Custom Dry Ride that I'm going to pair up with an A Custom Projection Ride for a retarded mega-hat. I may need to buy a spring to mount between the two cymbals to facilitate faster open/close action. Sounds silly, I know, but I've heard similar hats before and I'm stoked to see how this plays out.

fallen

I always used 15" rock hats because they slushed better than smaller ones. I bet a couple of 20" crash rides set up as hats would sound awesome. Just set it up where your ride would normally be on one of those static aux hat stands with no pedal.

blackkrosses

I saw a band do a Ramones set once and the drummer had two 18" crash/rides for hats. Didn't sound bad and was entertaining to look at if anything else. I have used a 14" china for a bottom hat. Trashy. I JUST played some vintage 16" Zildjian hats on a friend's kit and really enjoyed the sound. I'm currently trying to trade my 14" quick beat hats for some 15's.

and, yes, paiste SHOULD expand their line of rude cymbals. The bigger the better.

RacerX

I have a new ukulele, but the new chord shapes are making my brain hurt. Crazy-ass GCEA ukulele tuning...
Livin' The Life.

Discö Rice

I was a little worried about whether or not I'd be getting bamboozled due to the price of that cymbal, but it showed up today in SPOTLESS condition, expertly packaged, shiny and loud as the day is long. HOORAY!