Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitchyghost

Picked up a Voodoo Lab Tremolo last week.  I can't believe how much I love trem. Who woulda thunkit? 
Also took ownership of an AquaVibe earlier in the month, and it's awesome.

RAGER

picked up a Dano Chicken Salad today.  I'm diggin it.

No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Where's that fuckin' Paul, Rager?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

I just put in a order for a Strymon Timeline which should be here by the end of the month and next week I'm going to order an Eventide Space reverb...I really need to sell a bunch of old pedals ASAP. Hopefully I'll be done tweaking my board for awhile with these.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Andrew Blakk

I recently got myself a pair of Line Audio cm3 overhead mics. Nice but quite borring to spend money on.

Mr. Foxen

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

RAGER

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 28, 2011, 01:43:48 AM
Where's that fuckin' Paul, Rager?
I put it on layaway.  As it is my slow time for work, I am reluctant to fork out that much right away when I don't have much work.  Gotta be prepared to pay mortgage and other bills in case i don't work for a while. But there may be a large scale job coming my way.  If that happens I'll just go get it.  Fukn winter.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: RAGER on November 27, 2011, 07:52:40 PM
picked up a Dano Chicken Salad today.  I'm diggin it.

After the novelty wears off or it breaks, whichever happens first, I'm gonna re-house it and change pots,jacks, switch and add a knob for the trimpot
No Focus Pocus

rayinreverse

Quote from: koi on November 23, 2011, 09:09:50 PM
Picked up a Voodoo Lab Tremolo last week.  I can't believe how much I love trem. Who woulda thunkit? 
Also took ownership of an AquaVibe earlier in the month, and it's awesome.

its a deceptively awesome effect. i really like it on clean mellow parts, of which we have so very few. i think trem would fit nicely with dwellers though.

fallen

I love those '70s multi instrument all in one amp units. Vox made them and Peavey and Fender and a bunch of different companies.

That thing up there looks super cool. I wonder if it was a custom unit for someone.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: Discö Rice on November 28, 2011, 01:20:58 PM
^^^ I like! What is it?

Aside from 'an amp' with 4 EL84, I have no idea. Gonna open it up and blog photos and hope someone appears telling me more.

Discö Rice

Haha nice! Have you played through it yet?

Mr. Foxen

Nah, my policy with amps bought in unknown condition (as in not with a recent service receipt) is to open up and clean and check before turning on. Less fire that way.

RAGER

If you didn't already know, it is Italian made in the 70's made by EKO and sounds similar to an AC 30.  that's about all I could figure out.  I've read about other Italian amps like these on and Orange forum cuz they kinda look like and Orange/Matamp on the outside.
No Focus Pocus

Discö Rice

Oh nice! What did you pay for it?

Mr. Foxen

Probably a bit too much for a 30w amp. By my tight fisted standards. Was described as 100w. Does look to have had a a fairly recent and thorough service though, lots of replaced electrolytics.

Discö Rice

Oh yikes! four EL84's and it's 30 watts? Hmm...

apekillman

Same I was thinking.  4 el84's and 30 watts?   Something isn't right.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Discö Rice on November 28, 2011, 07:39:37 PM
Oh yikes! four EL84's and it's 30 watts? Hmm...

The Bedrock BC-50 ran 4 EL84's at 50W. totally hardcore.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Isn't 4 EL84 around there? I only pulled the 30w out my ass due to the AC30 and the Ashdown Little Bastard being 30w from 4 EL84.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

50W SUPER fucking hot and hard on those tubes.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on November 28, 2011, 09:34:07 PM
50W SUPER fucking hot and hard on those tubes.

yeah, it's going to run super hot and hard . . . just the way jake likes it . . .

but really, i thought el84s COULD push something like 14 watts?