Proof that Orange cabs are built like tanks

Started by everdrone, March 25, 2014, 12:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

Tornado aftermath at a Joplin Missouri music store in 2011.

eyeprod

cool. Looks like they were used a couple of years practicing and gigging....still very useable, just a little beat up with a story to tell!
CV - Slender Fungus

everdrone

true dat, totally useable :)  I love my Orange 212!

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

liquidsmoke

Orange needs to start building houses! Your choice of orange or black exterior tolex and symbols instead of a street address over the front door.

Of course they would be $500,000 for 800 sq ft.

Jake

This is the point where someone points out that new Oranges are nothing like old Oranges, and an old Orange cabinet could have withstood a5x more powerful storm.
poop.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Despite the overall burliness of those cabs, I'd say it was more a "luck of the draw" thing.

If they had taken a direct hit from the tornado, they'd have been turned into matchsticks.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: Jor el on March 25, 2014, 05:43:23 PM

I thought Rx couldn't see pictures.

Not unless I click on 'em.

What can I say? I clicked.
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

I have to agree. those could be stcking out of a telephone pole or something

however, that was dead center enough to dis-assemble a cinderblock building. look at all the block

here is the thing: certain objects are not as vulnerable to tornadic chaos

the less surface vs weight vs sealed volumes, the less effect a tornado can have on something

orange cabs have small lift to weight. no sealed volumes to explode. nothing to break getting tossed around vs a wall or something that just gets caved in or lifted away

so that type of object has a better chance of surviving chaos. hell there are roadies rougher on gear than that wimpy azz twister

RacerX

I'd also guess the air inside a closed-back cab with no ports would find a way to equalize pressure, most likely at the weakest point: the speaker cone.
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

ya, like it's own pressure relief just by the cone being able to move.

if you watch the videos, air pressure inside the sealed buildings blows many of them up when the tornado makes its mini-vacuum nearby

or school busses. sure they weigh 5 tons, but they have such surface area, the wind force is enough to offset the gravity force and away they float. that one video of the busses from the security cameras at the school building was so freaky.

tornados are such a trip, that just air can do all that

mortlock

Quote from: RacerX on March 25, 2014, 05:40:18 PM
Despite the overall burliness of those cabs, I'd say it was more a "luck of the draw" thing.

If they had taken a direct hit from the tornado, they'd have been turned into matchsticks.
im not sure what you consider a direct hit, but it looks like they sustained one to me. unless someone 'placed' them there for the picture..

jibberish

that dude in the pic by the cab and car is Swedish descent. I don't know why I believe this, but yeah.

Danny G

I would totally buy those as motherfuggin scratch n dent

FOR SALE: USED (BY A TORNADO) ORANGE CABS

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

liquidsmoke

Quote from: jibberish on March 26, 2014, 12:18:31 AM
that dude in the pic by the cab and car is Swedish descent. I don't know why I believe this, but yeah.

He looks more Kraut to me.

RacerX

Kraut Swedes are the worst.

Except for those fucking Swedish Krauts, that is...
Livin' The Life.

jibberish