Dark Cat Dark Fuzz-anyone have one?

Started by themusketking, March 03, 2014, 08:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themusketking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wooden-Box-Dark-Fuzz-Pedal-Cigar-Box-Guitar-/171040681562?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27d2d1ae5a

I bought one. I couldn't find almost anything about them but, 1) it looks cool as crap 2) it was only $29 plus shipping. 3) can you really ever have too many fuzz'?

It's on its way to me right now(it's shipping from Turkey) so, I'll update and let you all know what I think of it. 
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

liquidsmoke

Damn that is cheap. Dig the wood.

I have an Analog Man Dark Peppermint fuzz, wonder if it's inspired by that.

themusketking

Quote from: liquidsmoke on March 03, 2014, 09:32:45 PM
Damn that is cheap. Dig the wood.

I have an Analog Man Dark Peppermint fuzz, wonder if it's inspired by that.

post pics, please! would love to see some more stuff in this vein.

mortlock

29 + shipping..from Turkey?? whats that?? like $50

themusketking

themusketking

I was going to post a review but, it didn't work when I got it. Sooooo, I'm returning it. Very disappointed. I really wanted this pedal. Looks like I'm going to use the money towards a MXR Blue Box. So, fuck this guy and his shotty workmanship.

jibberish

ask any german what the real scoop on turks is. they will tell you haha.

Volume

The Blue Box is kinda cool, but extremely unpractical. I've used it on recordings, but it's a real hassle in live situations. The tracking is awful and it doesn't have a lot of volume so it's hard to get the levels balanced with other pedals, unless you use it together with a boost. I've been thinking of getting a Ehx Micro POG for the octave effects, it's a bit more expensive though.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

themusketking

Quote from: Volume on March 23, 2014, 11:02:41 AM
The Blue Box is kinda cool, but extremely unpractical. I've used it on recordings, but it's a real hassle in live situations. The tracking is awful and it doesn't have a lot of volume so it's hard to get the levels balanced with other pedals, unless you use it together with a boost. I've been thinking of getting a Ehx Micro POG for the octave effects, it's a bit more expensive though.

I want it because it's cheap and does a specific thing I want. I live in an apartment and would never need to use it live.  So, for my application, it's worth what I need it for.  The Micro POG is kinda meh. I've played with those before. Doesn't mean I don't want one. haha.