Boston live 79'. what the fuck is going on here?

Started by Beta Cloud, October 04, 2014, 03:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beta Cloud

in this vid, we got some some crazy shit going on.

first off, never knew they had a second guitar player, but that's beside the point. but who the fuck is he? he looks and plays like buck dharma. love it.
so yeah, tom scholtz plays the keys intro, (fantastically, and again beside the point), then he throws on his guitar and he's got something in his hand at about 1:50. looks like a swiss army knife or a screwdriver or some shit.
at about 2:44 he seems to be using it as an ebow.
his signal is heavily processed with time based effects. delay, flanger.
is it just a makeshift slide through the signal, or is it a sweet mad scientist ebow type thingie?!?!

anyone know what the fuck is going on here?

why does it hurt when i pee?

Beta Cloud

liquidsmoke

James1214

To me it looks like it could be an early ebow, this is from their site and is of early iterations

words

Jake

I bought a Les Paul Junior from Tom Scholtz nephew, who is also a really good guitar player.
poop.

Beta Cloud

james 1214; probably, but the protuding thingy has me intrigued...

Beta Cloud

jibberish

RAGER

Man did I used to love Boston then man did I fucking hate Boston for a lot of years.  I've grown back to like them in the past several years.
No Focus Pocus

jibberish

Quote from: RAGER on October 07, 2014, 05:09:21 PM
Man did I used to love Boston then man did I fucking hate Boston for a lot of years.  I've grown back to like them in the past several years.
it was that 3rd album that threw the wrench in the works. same here, they were thee shit in like 85, then I got really sick of them, now I appreciate how good those tunes(esp 1st album) were.