Main Menu

Let's talk practice amps

Started by Jake, October 25, 2014, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

taylo)))r

I won one of those Orange Micro terrors on Facebook. I love it. It hardly takes up any room, I can plug headphones into it or hook up a cab. I think they are only $150 new...and hey, who can argue with free in my case?

https://www.orangeamps.com/products/guitar-amp-heads/tiny-terror-series/micro-terror/
(insert interesting quote)

RAGER

Great!  Now I have to go buy one of those to put on my desk.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Don't forget another $50 for the stereo option...
Livin' The Life.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I don't need anymore help from you.  You already posted the video.
No Focus Pocus

taylo)))r

(insert interesting quote)

RacerX

Quote from: taylo)))r on November 06, 2014, 04:53:13 PM
Quote from: RacerX on November 04, 2014, 03:25:33 PM
That Blackstar's well under $100.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/blackstar-fly-3w-guitar-combo-amp

The orange has a tube pre-amp....just sayin.

While that's true, the OP doesn't want tubes.

Quote from: Jake on October 25, 2014, 01:07:51 PM
I'm pretty much wide open, except that I don't want anything that's too costly or has tubes.
Livin' The Life.

eyeprod

I've got one of these little crate profiler5 portable amps. Picked it up on cl for $50 I think it was. The thing has two 4" speakers, 2.5 watts per speaker, headphone jack, various amp models, stereo input jack, and it's got separate reverb, delay, AND effect knobs which is pretty cool. Best part is that it can run on batteries. So busking is an option. It's nothing special as far as sound goes, but I find it to be surprisingly useable for what it is. The features make it stand out from other small practice amps, ime.

vid is not in english
CV - Slender Fungus

Pissy

EHX 44 Magnum?

One sitting on the auction site used for $90. Need a cabinet though.
Vinyls.   deal.

Jake

I forgot I actually do have one of those EHX 44 Mags, but it's quite loud and clean. And yeah, no cab.
poop.

mortlock

any opinions on a sundown tracer 150 bass combo w/ a 15. vintage from the 80s..apparently made by dennis kager..engineer who worked for ampeg prior..

jibberish

i'll take it of you don't want it.
/inb4lip

mortlock

im looking at it this weekend.. ill let you know if I end up snagging it..