Main Menu

Custom faceplates

Started by bbottom, January 30, 2015, 11:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

A lot of guys have custom faceplates saying their band name and whatnot on their amps. I'd like to get my bands name, in the Orange Font, on my AD200. However,  I'd like to be able to take it off if need be.
What is the best way to do this? I've heard of some people using magnets. But I'm not 100% sure how to go about it.

RAGER

Yeah. I've always wanted to change out my Orange for RAGER in orange font.
No Focus Pocus

Beta Cloud

wait, wasn't someone here making vinyl stickers n such? maybe a non-adhesive static thingy?
i think that's the ticket!
why does it hurt when i pee?

jibberish

^yeah, juan just got a vinyl cutter. hit him up.

Beta Cloud

Lumpy

A sticker is not the same as a custom faceplate.

Personally, I want my gear to look as generic and plain as possible. I don't like logos, crazy pedal decals etc.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bbottom

I was thinking about going the low strength magnet route. But I'm not sure if it will stay put

RAGER

What if you were to have a vinyl sticker made like you want and then trace out on a piece of white plastic just the outline, cut it out roughly and then shape it by hand with some sand paper or a die grinder then adhere the sticker to it then affix the whole thing how you want.  Imma b mail juan right now.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Those vinyl cutters are tight.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Pissy

You likely won't want to go this route, but Joel does that stuff specifically.  I saw a picture at one point where he peeled off a Matamp logo to reveal and Orange logo or something similar.  Or maybe it was a Matamp logo revealing an Electric logo.  Anyways he does it, at least for Electrics that he sells he does.
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Wait time..........3 years.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

And he has to tell you about his time with Pike
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

lordfinesse

Haha...  what a reputation that guy has garnered.
Billy Squier 24/7

Lumpy

You could get a metal plate acid-etched, or laser etched. Check out Acid Splash Designs.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bbottom

I found a guy that does magnets for Orange amps. So I'll probably go that route.

Beta Cloud

Quote from: bbottom on January 31, 2015, 03:19:08 PM
I found a guy that does magnets for Orange amps. So I'll probably go that route.

where?