avid is giving pro tools version away for free

Started by jibberish, January 23, 2015, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

this looks like where you sign up on the list.

http://apps.avid.com/ProToolsFirst/

http://apps.avid.com/ProToolsFirst/

sometime in 1st quarter 2015 they said it would happen.

RAGER

That'd be great if I had the first clue of how to run that shit.  I really need to get with the times.

But does it have midi? ;D
No Focus Pocus

agent of change

Dude, thanks for the heads up! I have long lamented giving up my little home studio when I left Chicago, and have never rebuilt another.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

jibberish

I hope this is the real deal.  looks like it.

maybe ableton and traktor have been kicking pro-tools so far to the curb, no one even cares if everything works with it or not because no one is going to pay 10g's for daw software anymore that isn't a big budget place. 

a couple years ago, if you weren't all pro-tools cozy, you were nothing.

heytrid

signed up, says it is simpler then full version so it should be very useful, then again I use Logic for everything so when I go into protools I have no idea what I am doing or where to find things.

VOLVO)))

I can cross platform pretty easily. Protools is no different. It's usually where you think it is.

Learning new hotkeys? Ok. That's rough.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

so this one looks like 16 tracks max. I can live with that. 8 is sketchy like that ableton lite has.

at some point I am going to bear down and learn how to put together good drum parts but i'll wait until I can look at the protools drum stuff too.

Pissy

It's been a while since I looked into recording software, but I recall at the time, protools was the one package that required all of the interfaces to be protools hardware. Is that still the case?
Vinyls.   deal.

jibberish

valid question. and man did they soak you for that dedicated shit. I was bummed for many years over that fucked up standard that it was pro tools or nothing.

that may have been part of their undoing because they mention universal input as the very first feature this PT lite has  is "just plug in to PC inputs or usb interface and go"[sic]
then they mention again that you can record 4 tracks at once thru usb interfaces.