Main Menu

Gary Holt Rig Rundown

Started by RacerX, June 06, 2015, 06:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

Interesting, esp. the wireless pedal switching...

Livin' The Life.

Submarine

Those Kemper amps are starting to show up more and more in pro rigs.  So far I have not heard one bad thing about them.

RacerX

They seem well-suited to the purpose Holt is using his for: leaving his favorite old fragile vintage amp at home while touring, but still getting to play through it every night.
Livin' The Life.

bitter

Yes, but are the legit enough to drop the coin on?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

RacerX

Don't wanna speak for Submarine, but he does sound for work, so if he's heard nothing bad about the Kempers so far, I figger they're plenty legit.
Livin' The Life.

Submarine

Digital has improved by leaps and bounds over the past few years.  I don't think it works for everything but it is getting to the point that other engineers and I are having a harder time discerning the difference between digital and analog in some parts of the signal chain.  Specifically regarding guitar and bass I still think digital has a further way to go.  The Kemper sounds fantastic on r&b and rock.  I have not heard it in an ultra hi gain situation like the stuff we all like and I would suspect that most of us would not yet want to trade in our Oranges and Traynors for a Kemper.