How to write and record HEAVY FUNK

Started by Lumpy, April 14, 2011, 04:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemisaurus

You're assuming stuff that's not there ;)

For a start, the recording was being made by our guitarist, the drummer had no input on how his kit was mic'd, the guitarist just clamped mics on the kit where he thought they should go. The mics were placed so that they were picking up unusable signal, ie when they should be picking up the drum they were mic'ing they were either clipping or being hit physically by a cymbal. Our drummer is only 16 so he didn't spot what was going on, and it was just him and the one guitar player recording, me and the other guitarist made our contributions another time.

We all heard the completed track and were like WTF???

So me and drummer ended up in my basement re-EQ'ing the tracks to his satisfaction.

I'm not the guy that says his vision is the way the band should sound, it's collaborative.

However I do dictate things like, well we only have 8 tracks, so if you want to track all together you can't get more than 4 tracks for the drums. Your choice, 8 tracks on your own, or 4 tracks altogether ;D

inductorguitars

Quote from: chlorpromazine on April 21, 2011, 10:52:16 AM
That's pretty condescending, man.

Having met Hemi IRL, despite being Scottish  :o , he probably one of the least condescending people I know.