Main Menu

Verellen Amplifiers

Started by DustinAR, February 04, 2011, 09:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustinAR

Been thinking hard about dropping some coin on a Verellen. Been reading up and looking at the videos. Anyone own one? What's your impressions of them?

I've been looking at the Loucks and Skyhammer

Verellen Loucks

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=T2g1PhFMT6I&feature=related

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=wendRg-xnEI&feature=related

Verellen Skyhammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z2cPwfEHv8&feature=player_embedded#

peyotepeddler

i'm more of a non master type guy

the loucks doesn't sound bad, nice fat and crunchy

the skyhammer has three channels it would seem, so if you don't want to fiddle with a volume knob or pedal, and like a variety of hair in your tone, it might be convenient and versatile

personally i dig the meat smoke the most(they may need to rethink that name though)

fuzzfarmer

What are you looking for in an amp?

Discö Rice

If you're gonna drop the coin on a Verellen, you may as well get the Meat Smoke. Who wouldn't want a 300 watt guitar amp?
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Instant Dan

I would love to buy their Model T clone. I don't know if I could justify that price though

DustinAR

Quote from: fuzzfarmer on February 05, 2011, 02:13:48 PM

Something that has a beefy tone, can get loud without being completely muddy but still able to get nasty. Somewhat versatile, that's why I was thinking of the Skyhammer. Seemed like it could get a nice shimmering clean tone, classic rock feel, or a nasty metal tone. I've never played guitar in a band before, always played bass. I have a Peavey Ultra I've been using just to get me by, but now I have the money to get a higher end amp and have been looking around. One of my bands the other guitarist uses an OR-120 clone, so the Peavey has some trouble holding its own against that.

For the record though, these aren't the only amps I'm considering. Reason I was asking about these are because I can't exactly play on one to test it out since its still pretty much hasn't spread too far out of the northwest, but nonetheless I'm intrigued. So basically I was just wanting an opinion from those have played it or own one.

That Meatsmoke sounds like a monster but the only demo video they have up is running a bass through it.

Discö Rice

I've been hoping they'd demo a guitar through it at some point as well.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

the diddler

The meatsmoke is righteous for guitar or bass.  I play a Loucks and dig it for most things- the dirt channel is a little 'loose' for chunky, tight metal style riffing but the clean side with a pedal solves that problem on the rare occassion I need to get all brootal and shit.  I'ma go try out skyhammer next time they get one ready down at the ol shoppe.  Ben is working on getting his shit out to more locations- keep an eye on the website for updated info.

NoSleepTilSleep

I've got one of Ben's Model-T clones. Sounds spot on identical to my red-knob Model-T, except lower floor noise (a good thing). A loud, burly, and clean/gritty amp that takes pedals like a champ, not much more to it than that. If you have any specific questions, fire away.  

VerellenAmps

Quote from: DustinAR on February 05, 2011, 04:39:22 PM
Quote from: fuzzfarmer on February 05, 2011, 02:13:48 PM

That Meatsmoke sounds like a monster but the only demo video they have up is running a bass through it.

Coming soon! We have more demo videos on the way.

Thanks for your interest in our amps, and let me know if you have any questions, particularly about mods to existing products. While we have a "product line," (Skyhammer, Meatsmoke, etc.) we're essentially a custom shop. So if you wanted to save some money by getting a 200-Watt version of the Meatsmoke, or splurge on a Spaldo w/ an effects loop and tremolo, you got it. Call us up and tell us your thoughts!

253-232-4503.

This guy got a single rackspace added to his Loucks:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/SUCbfokJpbg
Verellen Amplifiers
www.verellenamplifiers.com
VerellenAmplifiers@live.com