Main Menu

Sustainers?

Started by chille01, April 30, 2011, 03:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chille01

Anybody every played with something like this?  What did you think?

http://www.sustainiac.com/aboutsus.htm

Hemisaurus

It's still not going to sound like an amp at full volume, theres a lot of other stuff happens to the signal at that point. Fernandes had these fitted as standard to some of their models. You'd get more fun with an eBow.

A guitarist I knew complained his tube amp didn't sound like a real tube amp, I walked over to it, turned it up, and watched his eyes go wide. He practised at home, and had never had the volume beyond 2!

spookstrickland

Quote from: Hemisaurus on April 30, 2011, 06:01:36 PM
It's still not going to sound like an amp at full volume, theres a lot of other stuff happens to the signal at that point. Fernandes had these fitted as standard to some of their models. You'd get more fun with an eBow.

A guitarist I knew complained his tube amp didn't sound like a real tube amp, I walked over to it, turned it up, and watched his eyes go wide. He practised at home, and had never had the volume beyond 2!

That's funny,  before I even brought my first tube amp home I had it dimmed in the store LOL
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

chille01

I would love to be in a position to just dime my amp all the time... but for most of the PA's we have to work with, that's only an option if you don't mind hearing no vocals and nothing but guitar.