Main Menu

Randall 300 heads?

Started by Ranbat, April 30, 2011, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

Anybody got any experience with these heads? From what I've gathered they're not worth a whole lot. Just wondering if they're a decent head.
Meh :/

VOLVO)))

They sound gnarly. I really enjoy those for bass. Got one you want to sell me? :D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

Maybe  ;D Just got it though so I wanna play with it for awhile. Do you put a pedal in front of it? Or just run it straight?

VOLVO)))

For bass, I ride bareback. Guitar, I typically run a fuzz of some sort, just because.

I like it. What'd you drop on it? It's 300 solid state watts from the 70s..

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

Not a dime. I'm kind of earning a reputation as the guy that'll take unwanted electronics off your hands. I get all kinds of stuff. Amps, MiniDisc players, 8-track players, cassette decks, computers.... most of it is junk, but once in awhile I get something like this. I also post on CL offering to haul peoples broken gear off at no charge. I don't get alot of calls on that but I do sometimes.

VOLVO)))

If you wanna make a few bones off that, ship it to me. I'll use it quite a bit, honestly. From what I understand, modding those was a big practice for a while.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

VOLVO)))

Nerdy shit. Just freq. enhancements, and whatnot? Does it have the fuzz channel?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

Haven't really played with it much. It does have 2 channels with the push/pull Master Volume for Hi Gain Boost. My first 2-12 combo was a Randall very similar except it had Reverb.

SpaceTrucker

I had one, It was older or with less shit, It was loud as fuck. I sold it though.... drugs man, Don't do em. :-\

giantchris

Out of curiousity is there a list of good 70s solid state amps that aren't Sunn/Acoustic/Kustoms anywhere?

VOLVO)))

Nope, they gotta just pop up.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Ranbat

Quote from: giantchris on May 01, 2011, 04:25:09 AM
Out of curiousity is there a list of good 70s solid state amps that aren't Sunn/Acoustic/Kustoms anywhere?

You really just got to have an open mind. If you see a weird head, plug into it and see what it's got. If it's cheap, buy it.