Still looking for a bassist or 2nd guitarist in Providence, RI

Started by Wesogkan, April 28, 2011, 05:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWolf IsLoose

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." -Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82)

mortlock

im in on bass..only problem is im in upstate ny..fuck. im into doing something like this..

Wesogkan

Quote from: mortlock on May 27, 2011, 07:56:41 PM
im in on bass..only problem is im in upstate ny..fuck. im into doing something like this..

That would be a hell of a practice commute...damn, I may have to start a bass player relocation program for RI.

grimniggzy

Quote from: Wesogkan on May 30, 2011, 12:37:27 AM
Quote from: mortlock on May 27, 2011, 07:56:41 PM

That would be a hell of a practice commute...damn, I may have to start a bass player relocation program for RI.

HAHA, count this guy in. Rockin that P Bass and Sunn amps in Philly. At least I'll bring weed and beer to practice.

Wesogkan

For just a few cents a day you can help a needy bass player move to Providence and play stoner doom thrash in a band that desperately needs a bass player. Please donate now...you'll get a personalized photo of your bass player and the satisfaction of knowing you've changed a life....

mortlock

if you manage to raise enough money, dont forget to include a bottle of patron on my rider..in every city we play..

VOLVO)))

Buy an EHX POG and an ABY switch. Run the pog on A to a bass amp, run B to the V4, viola, bass.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

You can do it with a Boss Pitch Shifter, or the $50 Behringer without the ABY, it has two outs and one goes clean and one goes effected. ;)

Also works in reverse when your down a guitarist.

VOLVO)))

The Boss isn't polyphonic, the POG is. That's why I use it when I'm down a roadie... I mean bassist. :D :D :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Since when were bassists ever polyphonic? I forgot you had to spend six times as much on something as it actually needs ;)

VOLVO)))

She still wants to be able to play chords on guitar, and not a bunch of root notes... The POG will do powerchords without complaint, and if you're nice to it, it'll do big open C's and shit.

I like my bass players to play though, I want some extra flash around...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

but it's a polyphonic generator any pitch shifter can downshift a chord, it's just a single signal even if it is multiple notes, the pitch shifter is just looking at it like the trace of an o'scope y'know.

VOLVO)))

It will play the chord, and not glitch the fuck out of it like the pitchshifter.

It also tracks flawlessly.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Shaddup, ya grump.  ;D

I was meaning to ask you, what's the mystery tube bass-preamp you concocted? I need more watts, I've got 1200 watts of handling, being pushed by a beta lead. 500 watt poweramp and a preamp should be fine with me...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

Which one? The no-knob wonder, the 3 knob no tonestack wonder, or the 4 knob (or is it 5) 4 switch wonder.

None of them are preamps, I decided I might as well add a switchable power stage into them.

Use your Beta as the pre, it's the sound you are wanting ???

VOLVO)))

I'm trying to avoid lugging them around/want more headroom. If I could find the PB-10 or whatever it is, I'd snag it. I'm afraid to run it without a load for a long period of time. John McNeece has moved five hours away. If they go down, I'm in trouble... haha.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

It's solid state though. If you're really worried you can probably just disconnect the power amp board, I can check the schematic in the morning.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 01, 2011, 12:48:30 AM
It's solid state though. If you're really worried you can probably just disconnect the power amp board, I can check the schematic in the morning.
Nope, the power amp board is also the power board. The preamp needs a +/-15V supply which comes from the power amp board. You could remove the power amp board and the mains transformer and replace it with your own, but like I said, it's a solid state amp, running it without a load doesn't harm it.

PS Sorry Wesogkan, didn't mean to hijack the thread. :)

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Hemisaurus

You could always move to Illinois, plant your weed amongst the corn ;)

Not that I particularly recommend moving to Illinois for anyone ;D

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 01, 2011, 01:28:08 PM
You could always move to Illinois, plant your weed amongst the corn ;)

Not that I particularly recommend moving to Illinois for anyone ;D

I can move there and we can get married, now. At least for the insurance purposes...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.