LP Junior or SG Classic or Reverend?

Started by Instant Dan, June 27, 2011, 12:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instant Dan

Can't really decide between the two, probably going to put a Bigsby on it, possibly a palm pedal if I get the SG. I already have an SG though. Maybe I should do a Reverend instead.

black

Go with the one that's neck feel the best to you.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Jake

poop.

RacerX

Man, I really wanted to like those Reverends, but I wasn't impressed with the tone. Kinda blah. Felt a bit dead in the hands, too.
Livin' The Life.

Slow

I played one when I was buying my Cathedral Reverb, and it was mighty shitty for the pricetag.

Palmbender on an SG would make me highly jealous of you...
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

MikeyT

Quote from: RacerX on June 28, 2011, 01:19:09 AM
Man, I really wanted to like those Reverends, but I wasn't impressed with the tone. Kinda blah. Felt a bit dead in the hands, too.

Don't know much about them, but Ron Asheton was using Reverends with the stooges before he died, and yeah, the tone was just ok. Not bad, but certainly not great. Sounded so much better when he played Strats back in the old days.

LP Jrs are cool, but do the new ones have the good tone?
Just asking.

Does your current SG have humbuckers ?  A man needs two SG's, one with 'buckers, one with P-90's.
You could go w/ the SG Classic if you like the round Gibson necks. You might go 60'S Tribute SG if you want a Slim Taper neck. Both have P-90's.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

zachoff

Quote from: RacerX on June 28, 2011, 01:19:09 AM

My thoughts too & I really love my Reverend bass.  Bummed on the guitar to say the least.

mawso

I'd go the junior but not w/ a bigsby.  If I thought my guitar needed something that didn't work and weighed too much then I'd just sit on it.

I,Galactus

Quote from: mawso on June 30, 2011, 01:41:37 AM
I'd go the junior but not w/ a bigsby.  If I thought my guitar needed something that didn't work and weighed too much then I'd just sit on it.

Here here for bigsby hate.  If I never have to restring one of those things again, it'll be too damn soon.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"