Main Menu

Myspace

Started by bbottom, June 06, 2011, 12:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Do you guys still use myspace for band stuff? I'm debating whether or not it's even worth doing for my new band

mawso

we've kept ours up there.. mostly because it ranks high on google while our other pages don't

very occasionally someone gets in touch with us there to set up a show or buy an EP or whatever so i try to check it every week if i can remember to

the facebook page gets way more activity

LogicalFrank

I have always viewed the MySpace Page as a way of calling dibs on a band name. I'd start one just to link to your other pages and because some people expect you to have one but focus most of my efforts elsewhere. That is pretty much how we do things now. We have a blog and then do all our social networking stuff on Facebook. Our songs all seem to wind up on SoundCloud one way or the other so we don't really worry about uploading them.
"I have today made a discovery which will ensure the supremacy of German music for the next hundred years."

bass sic

Deleted mine a couple weeks ago.

beerrhino

I used to use it a lot, especially to set up gigs, but they changed it not too long ago--made it easier for people to spam you and harder to do ANYTHING else.  I almost never even log on anymore.

Metal and Beer

We harvested the content (pics, contact info) we wanted to keep and abandoned the sumbitches, I haven't even looked to see if they're there anymore...
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Worthless Willie

That shit is dead dead dead.

Too bad they fucked it up so bad, it used to be pretty useful.  Now, it's just painful.
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

mortlock

my bands myspace page stills exists..it refers you to the facebook page..

Corey Y

My former and current band both still have myspace pages up, but I have no clue why. The former I never check and when I do, once a year or so, it's stuffed to the gills with a million spam messages and comments about hip hop promoters, how to maximize your blahblahblah and bands asking to be hooked up for shows when the first thing on the page says we've been broken up since 2008. The band I'm currently in I don't even know who checks it.

Bandcamp and Soundcloud are infinitely better for hosting music and Facebook seems a lot better for the social media aspect and can integrate a lot of 3rd party players.