Jam Room has Jumped The Shark

Started by Hemisaurus, June 13, 2011, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

That definitely matters, but it's got to be a misprint.  Everything I've read is that it's a LP DC copy, can't see it being 25.5.  That is a deal breaker - just can't bond with 25.5 scale for some reason...

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

So... I went over to the Obelisk to see if I could drum up a little more activity on this side... We're probably going to get trolled hard, but it was worth a shot...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justinhedrick

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 14, 2011, 04:31:03 PM
So... I went over to the Obelisk to see if I could drum up a little more activity on this side... We're probably going to get trolled hard, but it was worth a shot...

nice! (waits for influx of crazies)

Slow

I don't think there will really be an influx of crazies, there's a lot of good people over there, but I think their "gear" forum is largely neglected because it doesn't share the original name, which is totally cool. It's their site. I just told them to bring it on over here, if they have real questions about equipment...
black aspirin: "Well, I started to talk about dogmatism, but by the time I finish this sentence, you will have probably re-defined it, so what's the point in using words at all?  And by 'words', I obviously meant 'pigeons'."

Metal and Beer

Getting "trolled hard" seems unlikely given their traffic levels. You might catch a tiny trotline lazily gliding past though   :P
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

inductorguitars

dogfood

Quote from: inductorguitars on June 14, 2011, 08:36:35 PM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 14, 2011, 02:34:19 PM
I never leave the Jam Room.

There are other rooms? Who knew?

What's worse than V.D.??   G.D.  You knew it was coming.  And would any of those crackheads know what a Harmonic Percolater is??!!
Problem solving whiskey!

Ayek

Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 14, 2011, 02:34:19 PM
Quote from: Ayek on June 14, 2011, 03:19:34 AM
Quote from: Hemisaurus on June 13, 2011, 08:54:17 PM
Odd that no-one has posted the Seth Putnam obituary either
Someone's not paying attention.

http://stonerrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=2054.0
I never leave the Jam Room.

Shark gets bigger :o

If you gonna post Seth Putnam shoot-up/blow job pics up in here I feel there outta be more to it, such as what kind of guitar leads are best to wrap round yer arm when injecting drugs "Seth used..." and such.

RacerX

Yeah. Inquiring minds want to know if that's speaker or instrument cable he's using. Also, does straight vs. right angle jacks make a difference when shooting up?

And what about curly cords? Would they work in a pinch?

Finally, what's the best bait to land a BJ from a chick like that one there?
Livin' The Life.

Mr Neutron

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 14, 2011, 04:31:03 PM

I'm pretty sure there is way more of the nonsense on this site, but it seems relegated to gen. discussion.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

black_out

Quote from: RacerX on June 15, 2011, 01:06:30 AM
Yeah. Inquiring minds want to know if that's speaker or instrument cable he's using. Also, does straight vs. right angle jacks make a difference when shooting up?

All you need to do to get a hummer from that chick is to roll into a Daytona strip club at 2am in your corvette with a shit load of coke. I think it's also in her rider that you blast White Snake while she's blowing you.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Discö Rice

Quote from: black_out on June 18, 2011, 09:25:01 AM

All you need to do to get a hummer from that chick is to roll into a Daytona strip club at 2am in your corvette with a shit load of coke. I think it's also in her rider that you blast White Snake while she's blowing you.
I'm willing to bet a trans-am would do the trick. If I'm driving a corvette I at least expect stilletto heels and a catsuit.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Jor el

"I'm willing to bet a trans-am would do the trick."

What aboot a TransVan ?
What Would Scooby Do ?

Metal and Beer

What aboot a '74 Nova and a gram of bath salts? Yew reckon some slut's maw would spit on my drive shaft?
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Ranbat

Quote from: deaner33 on June 14, 2011, 10:06:09 AM
What about this amp & guitar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140562641678&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEISCO-GUITAR-AMPLIFIER-W-CABINET-CHECKMATE-21-1960S-/140562650363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ba2fd4fb

Jake, they're not too far from you (or me)...

If I had some money to play with right now, I would totally buy both! I love that old Teisco/Harmony stuff. There's a great Checkmate head that has a great clean and an awesome Tremolo with a light that blinks with the rate. I just dig how alot of those old guitars and amps had weird features. Some of them sound killer too.
Meh :/

black_out

Quote from: Discö Vanderslööt on June 18, 2011, 11:27:03 AM
Quote from: black_out on June 18, 2011, 09:25:01 AM

I'm willing to bet a trans-am would do the trick. If I'm driving a corvette I at least expect stilletto heels and a catsuit.

wait, did I say corvette? I meant to say "ford fiesta"

edit: I'm an idiot..we'll leave it at that.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

tossom

Quote from: Ranbat on June 19, 2011, 08:32:05 AM
Quote from: deaner33 on June 14, 2011, 10:06:09 AM
What about this amp & guitar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140562641678&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEISCO-GUITAR-AMPLIFIER-W-CABINET-CHECKMATE-21-1960S-/140562650363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ba2fd4fb

Jake, they're not too far from you (or me)...

If I had some money to play with right now, I would totally buy both! I love that old Teisco/Harmony stuff. There's a great Checkmate head that has a great clean and an awesome Tremolo with a light that blinks with the rate. I just dig how alot of those old guitars and amps had weird features. Some of them sound killer too.

I think my Dad has a teisco variant guitar, it is badged "Audition".  3/4 scale, wrap around bridge and one single coil pickup. I am after a Zenta amp to partner it in terms of glorious shitness!   8)
"Beige rock"