Main Menu

Jay Turser?

Started by chille01, June 18, 2011, 01:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chille01

Are these total crap?  This one has had a lot of work put into it... worth looking at, or not?

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/msg/2445860701.html

black_out

Go and try it out, dude. It sounds like he's fixed all the shit that's typically wrong with those guitars. I've never played one but it's my understanding that they're on par with the lower end Agile stuff. Considering the work that's been put into it, $350 probably isn't a bad price. I'd still try to talk him down to $250, though. If you end up at $300 you probably go a decent price.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

The Shocker

Jay Tursers aren't bad at all, but $350 is too much.  Also, it bugs the shit out of me when a seller lists a different price in the heading and the description.

VOLVO)))

If he already switched out all of the bullshit parts, I'd say try and talk him down to 250... if it's a set neck.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

chille01

Thanks guys... I might just go check it out.  On the other hand, I'm in no huge hurry to own a V.  It is on my "must get next" list, but when I do get one I'll be happy to pay a little more for a truly nice one if I have too.  Anyone know how the Gibson's compare these days?  Or if Tokai or the like ever made V's?  I've got a MIJ Tokai Love Rock (Les Paul clone), and it's probably my favorite guitar, even behind my SG Special and Tele Deluxe.

justinhedrick

wait, that's canadian dollars, right?

dogfood

Haven't Canadian dollars leap frogged the USD since we value screwed ourselves by printing our way out of government debt?
Problem solving whiskey!

bbottom

MikeyT

Quote from: chille01 on June 18, 2011, 01:28:27 PM
Thanks guys... I might just go check it out.  On the other hand, I'm in no huge hurry to own a V.  It is on my "must get next" list, but when I do get one I'll be happy to pay a little more for a truly nice one if I have too.  Anyone know how the Gibson's compare these days?  Or if Tokai or the like ever made V's?  I've got a MIJ Tokai Love Rock (Les Paul clone), and it's probably my favorite guitar, even behind my SG Special and Tele Deluxe.

Go over there & play it. Maybe even take a little amp with you (so you can hear it in a setting you're familiar with).

If it looks good, sounds good & plays good, it is good*.

The necks on Gibson V's are too wide, imo. They used to make some sweet V necks back in the days before I started playing guitar/ buying them (and now they're too expensive to buy).

* Unless it falls apart later.  :D
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'