Main Menu

Double necks

Started by MichaelZodiac, July 30, 2011, 06:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelZodiac

I was browsing the Rondo Music site and came upon this:

I know the guy from Boris plays a double neck bass/guitar and it sounds awesome. Especially on their earlier records. Sure would like to check one out.

Any of you who have double neck experience in general? Downsides? Benefits?
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

VOLVO)))

HE DID IT! Holy shit! ordering.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

My dreams of "if I won the lottery..." include a garage filled with vintage muscle cars and walls of custom double necks. I really want one with a regular 6 and a 12 string baritone or a 6 and 8- string bass. That's pretty cool that Rondo is making those.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Jake

I think I'm going to sell some stuff and buy one of those.
poop.

justJon

Back in the mid '70's, I played with a bass player who exclusively used a Carvin bass/guitar double neck. As I recall, it was pretty well thought out, the bass on the "bottom", with the bridge set lower than the guitar side, so you could get a full 34" scale, without the headstock a mile beyond the guitar side. It really worked for him. He used it  because on about two songs, he did a double/harmony lead thing with the guitarist.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

moose23

They look cool and pretty affordable. Will have to add one to my wishlist.

This lad looks amazing, much prefer the idea of the guitar above the bass neck.

http://www.firstact.com/Products/CustomGuitars/Gallery/Jurriaans_Saunder_Doubleneck_BassANDGuitar_VSB.aspx