Main Menu

Vocal effects pedal

Started by beer, August 04, 2011, 03:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer

I'm looking to (maybe) do something along the lines of Ufomammut/Yob vocalwise. Not exactly, but that'll give you some idea.
You know, delay, reverb, uhhhh, something else.

Whaddaya suggest?

spookstrickland

Try a Phase 90 they make your vocals really trippy :)
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

MichaelZodiac

I've seen people recommending those TC Electronic vocal pedals alot. Has XLR in and out which is a huge plus. They have an Echo pedal which also has tap tempo delay. The reviews I've seen/heard sound pretty good.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

RacerX

I've got one of the older TC Helicon pedals, the VoiceTone Create. It's got more patches than you could shake a stick at. The newer ones are even more flexible.

Been stomping on it for over 2 years, & it still works.
Livin' The Life.

clockwork green

Boss has one that's really cool as well...lots of clips online. I went with the Boss although I'm not currently singing in a band.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

mortlock

can this thing take your vox down to lows like in bands like 'last days of humanity' and 'cock and ball torture'..

bbottom

Quote from: RacerX on August 04, 2011, 09:35:37 AM
I've got one of the older TC Helicon pedals, the VoiceTone Create. It's got more patches than you could shake a stick at. The newer ones are even more flexible.

Been stomping on it for over 2 years, & it still works.

I had one of those for about a month but found the thing way to confusing to use in a live situation. I have to say that I don't have a whole lot of patience when it comes to things with a lot of buttons and what not so I wouldn't not recommend it if you're cool with that sort of thing.

About a year or so ago TC helicon started making individual vocal effect stomp boxes. When I get my next band up and running, I'll probably invest in a few of those.

beer

Got the TC Helicon Voice Tone Create 2 today.
We'll see how it performs. Seems like it'll have the versatility I want.
Thanks for the input!

beer

Well, since it was sort of a seat-of-the-pants decision, I wasn't sure I'd even keep it. Worked with it on my own, then in practice. Didn't intend to use it for the upcoming show, but the band thought it sounded good, so what the hell?

Played the show (went very well) and several people came up and independently said they really loved the vocal effects we had going on.
it's hard to get a gauge on how it sounds when you're playing, so that all was comforting.
Glad I bought it and I'm excited to see what else it can do.

Muchas gracias, as always, to the Jam Room.

zachoff

The Boss VE-20 rules it.  I had a TC Doubler and it picked up too much of the instruments & created weird noises through the PA.  The Boss seems to know a voice from an instrument and I don't get weird noises at all.  I mainly use it for doubling/tripling but the reverb is cool and the distortion is pretty useful.  All in all, it's probably the most useful multi-effect I've ever bought for any instrument.