Main Menu

Building your own pedals

Started by Pundan, September 06, 2011, 12:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pundan

Ever since the bass player in my band built this drone synth and his own fuzz pedal I've been hating myself for not paying attention in school when we learnt about electronic stuff. But I've now convinced him into teaching me, we're going to start off by building a D*A*M Meathead clone and he'll teach me everything as we go along. What pedals have you built?

spookstrickland

You are so lucky to get a mentor like that.  I had to teach myself off of the internet.  I did not learn it in school either but really the stuff we want to learn about obsolete transistors and stuff has not been taught in school for over 40 years.

I have built a couple of BazzFuss's some Buffer Pedals and some loopers.  I got more stuff on the bread board but parts are kind of spendy for me right now so not much is getting built as of late.

Quote from: Pundan on September 06, 2011, 12:43:52 PM
Ever since the bass player in my band built this drone synth and his own fuzz pedal I've been hating myself for not paying attention in school when we learnt about electronic stuff. But I've now convinced him into teaching me, we're going to start off by building a D*A*M Meathead clone and he'll teach me everything as we go along. What pedals have you built?
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

eyeprod

I made a few clones.

dam meathead
fuzzrite
wooly mammoth
screaming tree treble booster

They've all seen use on my board, but as of now they are all either disassembled, used for parts, or unused.

CV - Slender Fungus

SpaceTrucker

MichaelZodiac

Moose, where are you based? I like that DOD250. I might try to clone my Supercollider for a guitarplayer.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

moose23

Supercollider is easy enough cloned, especially so if you buy a muff board, have a look on freestompboxes.org for the details.

I'm based in Ireland but can probably ship anywhere.

VOLVO)))

Moose does good work it seems.

Pricing is decent, too.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eyeprod

Quote from: SpaceTrucker on September 06, 2011, 04:07:26 PM
Hows the fuzzrite sound?

it was pretty cool at first. then I fucked with switching transistors, forgot what I had in there and wished I had kept it the way it was. I don't use it, but might get some more transistors to try.
CV - Slender Fungus

moose23

stentorianeffects

I've been building a few years off the top of my head I've built:

too many big muffs and super fuzzes to count
4 or 5 rats
a couple tonebenders
Rangemasters
mosfet boosts
some fuzzfaces
different delays (pt80, byoc pingpong, magnus modulus, rebote)
boss ce2 clone
phase 90 with some mods
meathead clone
OCD clone
a clean blend pedal
some true bypass loopers
really just about everything...

www.stentorianeffects.blogspot.com
stentorianeffects (at) gmail (dot) com

bitter

Does anyone remember the guy on the old board who built an MXR Dist+ clone and decoupaged this image on it??? A red LED was placed underneath the full moon to up the doomage! Damn, I wanna see another photo of that, BAD.   

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan