Main Menu

Jam Room Band

Started by inductorguitars, June 08, 2011, 07:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discö Rice

just got my hands on this motherfucker.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=960

I will be joining the fray soon.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

That is not the fray I'll be joining, no.

Christ that was awful.

neighbor664

It occurred to me that I should put up another version of that tune without the leads towards the end. There is not much there that I am attached to and it would be cool to hear someone else give a stab at it. Heck maybe we can work out some harmony leads? I'll get that one up as soon as I can find the original project file.

neighbor664

I just uploaded a WAV of the tune to the soundcloud thingy. Minus the solos.
Audacity is spitting out 16bit. So, it is what it is.

jibberish

boy, all kinds of new stuff to play with here. that's great. im a bit distracted now, so ill be lagging for a couple weeks yet, but these things need a bunch of listens anyway to spark ideas. so at least i can start letting them sink in in the meantime

Harm

Seems like a nice idea just too bad it can't be recorded in one go. I'm not a skype user, but is it not possible to play live together through it and record that?
More faithfulfew right here.

jibberish

hey disco, i was checking out your recorder you linked. there are some really slick features. the rubber housing is a capitol idea. old recorders were so resonant with all those lively plastic parts.  makes the wireless remote a titch less necessary(also a killer feature). and lastly, the mp3 converter built in and the USB connectability would let you dump that into your smartphone for cloud uploading right?(im guessing but it sure seems like a logical step to skip the laptop/PC entirely)

the downside: you're stuck with those mics. stereo mics yet....

i've pondered that style of recorder (btw, check out the new Korg, i think G2 is the model. they say it's flat out the best fidelity pocket recorder. i saw an ad in mix. sick specs..)and ultimately i cant see a real mic setup with a USB mixer to a laptop as being that much more of an equipment hassle for anything other than a spontaneous session or like recording at a show

on a serious application note, those little stereo recorders pick up the ambient environment of lets say a church choir being recorded from the back of the church, like listener prspective location, phenomenally.  it's like it records like you hear in that situation..idk if that makes sense. when you listen, you sense the location of that recording just by how your brain interprets the delayed echoes that get picked up very nicely and visualize that larger space. so in that respect, that mic/recorder design is awesome. the closer you try to mic, the rougher it gets.

neighbor664

Has this idea been abandoned?

eyeprod

Maybe just forgotten. I've been busy
CV - Slender Fungus

Discö Rice

Working on getting a monthly practice space. As it stands now I'd have to pay for practice studio time by the hour to contribute. All the time I'm paying for at the moment is going toward Lead Breath (as soon as I have demo tracks, I'll post them). Once I have studio time that I'm not paying ridiculous hourly prices for, I'm in. (Hoping by mid-october)

neighbor664

Hey Disco, any time you and Laurie wanna do something long distance I'd be down.

Instant Dan

Just need a decent recommendation of a better recorder as my old tape one crapped out. Something for $200 or less.

Mike_Sims

I'm down with this. Guitar, bass, drums, etc. Only if SunnO))) does it with me though  :-*

VOLVO)))

I think Erik has gone AWOL, so as for him doing all of the coordination... I think that's done with...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Discö Rice

Neighbor - I'll mention it to Laurie.

jibberish

Quote from: Instant Dan on September 24, 2011, 11:28:38 PM
Just need a decent recommendation of a better recorder as my old tape one crapped out. Something for $200 or less.

audacity+the PC you are here in the forum on or even better , a laptop which then can go anywhere+ input into soundcard from something with a line out, like a mixer or an unpowered condensor into the mic input.

the next free level would be reaper(DAW) +another wave editor like wavesaur(24bit wavefile editor you need to help reaper out)

i do quicky recordings from behringer POS little mixer (no srsly, i like it)->soundblaster card->audacity.
the mixer with effects is like $100 new or w/e $50-60 used online if you dont have a reasonably small mixer(giant one works but...heh).  i dont know what you could use the other $100 for, maybe a couple memory sticks, guitar strings and an eighth of killer

peyotepeddler

weak sauce guys, not a total surprise though

jibberish

ya a lot of talking.  i'm half thinking of trying a noise thing with just 1-2 people that do that. i never played around in that realm.

also maybe too many people here have enough music to grind their brains on without stacking another less essential project onto the pile.

i'm probably more in the minority of people with few musical outlets or obligations in place already. i would guess that's where MK is (was w/e) since she had time to post lots of her tunes.  i have posted lots of my lame stuff over the years.  sinks like a rock to page 3. one bonus is the intro to ultimo viaggio(need davidATX to get me straight on the portuguese for "last voyage" again) has turned into one of my favorite tunes to play. especially with a strong delay to really ping the pongs. my colour haze mountain ripoff jam is a total crowd pleaser now...also sank like lead
i probably could add track after sabbathy track to the eyeprod thing, but probably no one can relate or w/e. so regardless, i actually have benefitted from some of the effort i've put into trying to get stuff going.

what i'm saying is, i don't expect this thing to vault ahead, but if it stays alive for long enough maybe it will result in something cool finally