If you could play anywhere where would it be and why?

Started by clockwork green, December 05, 2011, 03:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork green

I was just watching the Sigur Rós movie Heima and they played a lot of interesting places in their native Iceland...open fields, mountains, small houses, abandoned industrial buildings. It got me thinking that besides the Fillmore and those sorts of places, I'd probably be most happy playing rooms that are interesting rather than traditional venues. So, while I think of mine...where do want to play and explain the place and why for those of us that aren't familiar with it.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Chovie D

RacerX

Atlantis.

Why? I've always wanted to make music underwater.
Livin' The Life.

bbottom

For some reason I always thought that it would be pretty cool to play in a laundro-mat. I don't really have an explanation for it though

justinhedrick

tons of places: open fields, barns, old masonic temples.

anywhere different, really.

yesca

duna jam would be fucking rad! your on a like your own little island for a weekend and there's good bands to scope out

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

clockwork green

Quote from: Lumpy on December 05, 2011, 11:37:45 AM
Jumbo's Clown Room
Far and away the best answer so far!

So far I've come up with:
-Pompeii
-this cool abandoned train station in West Oakland
-the really tiny, circular church on the campus of Mills College. It's got a cool pipe organ and acoustically the room is really lively
-any cathedral in Rome with a huge organ
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Chovie D

Quote from: bbottom on December 05, 2011, 10:07:20 AM
For some reason I always thought that it would be pretty cool to play in a laundro-mat. I don't really have an explanation for it though

there was a laundromat/bar here in seattle that had bands. The Sit and Spin.

There is a band in minneapolis called Gay Witch Abortion who do guerilla shows in weird spots .. they juts kind of set up and play in wierd places with little or no warning. Rooftops, Parks, I think maybe a grocery store? They did a real laundromat, not the hipster version. ..also on a raft floating down the mississippi  :D

zachoff

Red Rocks.  I know it's huge but man...  That place is pretty magical.

peyotepeddler

first thing that comes to my mind is denali park......a mile from the base of denali, semi tundra flatland, totally epic if you have ever hiked the area, especially late september early october

somewhere on the west coast maybe oregon on the beach, below some massive rocky dropoff, in the distance a few rock formations coming up from the depths

i really dig the idea of playing in a place of solitude, gives me great vibes and is very conducive to the creative process

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

hashbrowns

I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

moose23

Roadburn or Duna Jam would be amazing. Hopefully we're gonna play a ruined abbey in the spring which is a step in the right direction.

johnny problem

The bottom of an old empty public pool.  Just seems cool and sound might bounce off in cool ways.

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

RAGER

I met Rod Stewart backstage there when I worked for CMS in 89 I think.  that was an amazing show.
No Focus Pocus

hashbrowns

Honestly I'd love to play the back of a moving truck like ac-dc did in that long way to the top video. Fucking epic have people running down the streets following. I think we'd probably bludgeon the masses with our sludge too hard and police action would be taken though.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

lordfinesse

Maybe on a riverboat travelling down the Mississippi River. Or the Missouri River. Whichever could provide the better BBQ and fishing. Now that sounds like a damned good time.
Billy Squier 24/7