Main Menu

Bass+pick

Started by bass sic, December 03, 2011, 05:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachoff

I use both but can't sing+play at the same time unless I use a pick.  Weird mental block or something so right now I use a pick almost all of the time.  If I'm ever in a band where I don't sing I'll probably go back to fingers.

fallen

I play drums with my fists. People who use sticks are pussies. Fists give a way rounder, more solid sound. If something calls for the sound of sticks I just tell the rest of the band to fuck off.

martha_KH

I use fingers and pick.  Depends on the sound I want for that tune.

EddieMullet

Well Lemmy uses a pick and no one calls him a pussy.  The late great Phil Lynott was a pick player too.

As long as you're playing well, in time and in tune and it fits the song use whatever.

I'd rather someone play solid with a pick than someone play sloppy with fingers just for the sake of not using a pick.

It does take a while to get a solid fingerstyle down. 

bass sic

Back on point, I was just wondering why I don't see many finger players in our type of music.

zachoff

Quote from: bass sic on December 07, 2011, 10:22:11 PM
Back on point, I was just wondering why I don't see many finger players in our type of music.

Ah, there are quite a few.  Weedeater, Mastodon, High on Fire, Graveyard, Kyuss, Sleep/Om... Yup.

EddieMullet

Nick Oliveri used a pick pretty much the whole time Monday night

grimniggzy

Pretty sure Reeder played with his fingerz though.

moose23

Yeah Reeder is all about the fingers.