Main Menu

my faded SG needs to go

Started by liquidsmoke, December 07, 2011, 05:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeyT

"Thanks for the info. There is also the thickness or depth of necks as apposed to the width, do you know how Gibson '50s/'60s, Agile, Epi, etc compare on that front?

I think my cheap Epi Junior has the same neck as that Special I linked to and it's nice and fast for sure.

I've been playing my SG a lot this week and feel pretty used to it's neck size but I'd still rather it was smaller and I'm not really into it's color or the faded look anymore."

Epi LP Jr., you're saying ?

I'm not much on the faded look, either.

The slim profile Agiles have the smaller, less thick necks (the ones with less depth).
I assume that all the 'slims' have the 1 5/8" width at the nut as well... can't remember for certain.
It's all right there on their pages at Rondo music. I like to read & re-read to make sure I don't accidentally get the wrong guitar.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

MikeyT

The 50's style Gibson necks are usually the fatter, more rounded necks. In fact they often call them "rounded neck". They probably have better tone, but I hate playing them.

The 60's style necks are usually smaller. They sometimes refer to them as "slim taper". It seems like the necks they characterize as "60's slim taper" are the smallest ones.

Too bad they won't just give us a choice of neck shape/size on every guitar, or at least on a range of models.

'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'