Main Menu

crank this shit up!

Started by liquidsmoke, December 14, 2011, 05:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidsmoke

Leigh Stephens was a fucking madman!

I would give almost anything to travel back to '68 and see Blue Cheer.

jibberish

hah ha, ya good call. blue cheer is just blue cheer. i dig this album.

Metal and Beer

Fuck, I'd give Jibb's left yam to travel to 2006 and see the Blue Cheer, Acid King, Shitfire show I inexplicably missed...that one still stings as it was BC's last triumphant run through this region, they were killing it hard by all accts. and Dickie's gone now..  RIP
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

black

^That was a great tour! Those Blue Cheer geezers were doing it in a regular van. Sleeping on top of the amps and all that and being the most generous, laid back cats. Spent a lot of time after the gig just hanging and talking to fans.

/wishyouwerethere
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

RacerX

Quote from: black on December 14, 2011, 06:33:54 PM
^That was a great tour! Those Blue Cheer geezers were doing it in a regular van. Sleeping on top of the amps and all that and being the most generous, laid back cats. Spent a lot of time after the gig just hanging and talking to fans.

/wishyouwerethere

Yeah, I was at that show, black, & I concur. Talking to Dickie was a huge thrill for me. Fucking legend, humble as fuck.

R.I.P.
Livin' The Life.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Metal and Beer on December 14, 2011, 03:01:17 PM
Fuck, I'd give Jibb's left yam to travel to 2006 and see the Blue Cheer, Acid King, Shitfire show I inexplicably missed...that one still stings as it was BC's last triumphant run through this region, they were killing it hard by all accts. and Dickie's gone now..  RIP

"Jibb's left yam" haha. I saw them in Chicago around that era, it was a great show despite Dickie having some sort of cold or something that messed up his voice. I did miss Leigh but of course he left after the second album. Dickie told me "he doesn't rock like we do", sad but true although he sure did in '68!

I am determined to learn how to at least sort of solo like Leigh, I've got the fuzz pedal and the tremolo for it, just need to put in the time to figure it out.