Main Menu

Building a frankenstein

Started by hashbrowns, December 27, 2011, 02:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashbrowns

I have a stratocaster copy body and a loaded pickguard for it. I need to get a better neck, an input jack, a bridge, and bolts for the neck. Anyone know any good ways to get my hands on this stuff thats relatively inexpensive? Also the body is set up for a traditional strat tremelo arm and I want to set it up with either a more stable 80's style whammy or a fixed bridge. Anyone know anything about options for a strat body? I've always had fixed bridge gibson style guitars.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky

grimniggzy

Mighty mite necks are about $100.
Not sure about trem options.

Mr. Foxen

Leave the normal trem and wedge it in place with blocks is easiest way to achieve a fixed bridge.

VOLVO)))

Also 5 trem springs = hardtail.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

hashbrowns

Alright thanks for telling me how to fix the trem. Anyone here ever used a mighty mite neck and how did they like it? Also is there any way that I can fix this up with a floyd, kahler or some other 80's divebomb style whammy trem? I've always wanted one for thrash and death metal leads and I think it would sound wicked with a hotrodded strat.
I am not going to lose another fucking child and another fucking woman, because of cocaine and killing dogs!!! - Ricky