Weird guitar brands of the 80s

Started by Ranbat, January 19, 2012, 06:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cat shepard

I remember a no name explorer some of the dudes in school had. A furniture store sold em.

Hemisaurus

Quote from: cat shepard on January 20, 2012, 09:39:19 PM
I remember a no name explorer some of the dudes in school had. A furniture store sold em.
Did they make basses too?

cat shepard

Quote from: Hemisaurus on January 20, 2012, 10:23:29 PM
Quote from: cat shepard on January 20, 2012, 09:39:19 PM
Did they make basses too?
man I don't know. Everybody just played the guitar except the one kid who played bass, it was a headless cort and there was a drummer with no set and a drunk drummer who would always cry drunkenly about his problems before practice ended or could even get started sometimes. The explorer guitars had green tint in the finish it seems, not predominantly green though, just a little. More than one kid had em. It was a small town and the store was a small ( i think) chain called heileg myers, I can't remember how to spell it. A bass like that would've been cool. I must know, why do you ask? Was there possibly one in your neck of the woods? Do you remember the gtr? Did you see the bass? The gtr. literally had no name or information that I can remember and I would always file all that kind of info away in my brain. Hey you are always knowledgable, do you remember the Vantage gtr.s? Maybe some of this stuff was regional. At the time that Vantage was bad ass. Sorry to be long winded, I get so bored.

Hemisaurus

Heilig-Meyer was a pretty big chain, I think, I recognise it anyways ;)

No, I just thought a cheap Explorer or something pointy bass would be nice, reverse headstock for extra fun.