Started by ROWDYBEER, January 28, 2012, 12:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROWDYBEER

4x12 combo 6- 6L6's
$250

Good amp?
Good speakers?
Good price?

Will be for home unless it rules then maybe it will make it's way to the studio for some stereo amp action.

moose23

Very loud with dirtier but still similar sound to a Fender Twin. Never heard of a 4x12 combo version of it but the speakers in my 2x12 combo are voiced very bright with next to no bass response. The built in reverb and phase are both nice too. $250 sounds like a sweet deal.

BrianDamage

These are the amps Lynyrd Skynyrd used. Just to give you an idea of what they sound like. My dad owned one and I always dug it.
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

Pissy

Pedal amp i'd say. Solid state pre-amp but big time tube watts.

What 4x12 tube amp isn't worth $250?
Vinyls.   deal.

moose23

This thread has just reminded me I need to send off dimensions for getting my head cab made up.

justinhedrick

Quote from: moose23 on January 28, 2012, 02:12:26 PM
Very loud with dirtier but still similar sound to a Fender Twin. Never heard of a 4x12 combo version of it but the speakers in my 2x12 combo are voiced very bright with next to no bass response. The built in reverb and phase are both nice too. $250 sounds like a sweet deal.

some new speakers would proabably improve the tone of it. especially if it is the speaker that had the hole in the center of the silver dust cap (i don't remember what brand speakers they are).

i honestly like mace amps. the head version will eat so many amps for lunch with a big muff pedal.

moose23

This is very true. Can't wait to get this head cab back and start using mine for bass.