Why do Les Paul jrs cost so much?

Started by bbottom, January 15, 2012, 02:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the diddler

The melody maker i had was the 2 p'up version that came out a few years back- think I paid 325 at the time.  figured there was a good chance it'd be whack and it surely was.  the neck pickup sounded fucking sweet though, so I kept it for awhile.  Eventually traded to some old bastard for a Beta lead

grimniggzy

Quote from: the diddler on March 01, 2012, 02:47:02 PM
The melody maker i had was the 2 p'up version that came out a few years back- think I paid 325 at the time.  figured there was a good chance it'd be whack and it surely was.  the neck pickup sounded fucking sweet though, so I kept it for awhile.  Eventually traded to some old bastard for a Beta lead

damn, good trade... for you.

the diddler

yeah- I saw that guitar hanging in a shop less than a week later, dude said he was just gonna trade it on some acoustic he'd been buying on layaway.  The store had a $500 tag on it and, of course, they hadn't bothered to file the frets or do a damn thing to it.

The Shocker

Quote from: justinhedrick on January 16, 2012, 04:41:48 PM
Quote from: deaner33 on January 15, 2012, 08:54:02 AM
Gibson prices are all out of whack.  Melody Makers are around $500.  Guess I'll post this baby again:

Best $150 Guitar evah!

deaner, what's underneath that pick guard? any routes or anything?

Long overdue update - no routs as confirmed by my superawesome guitar tech.   ;D

If you are interested, ask him nicely and he might post a video of it in it's glory...

Instant Dan

Hemisaurus

I like Reverends, but that binding is ugly :-[

grimniggzy

yeah, not diggin it, I usually like damn near everything they put out.

VOLVO)))

Yeah, yeah, this is garbage playing, but it was amusing to hear this little bastard do what it was.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

mutantcolors

whatever, you're better than me and I've been at this since i was 14

VOLVO)))

Quote from: mutantcolors on April 18, 2012, 02:00:36 AM
whatever, you're better than me and I've been at this since i was 14

I'm a hack on guitar... and everything else.

WAIT UNTIL I GET A STEEL. Then I can be mediocre at that, too!

anyways, buy one of these Arbors. they're cool. Moar p90s in my future if I decide to keep doing this stupid shit.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

grimniggzy