A guitar lesson worth listening to!

Started by dogfood, August 28, 2012, 01:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Foxen

The sound on that vid is fuck anyway, you can hear from his voice, even the levels are fucked. Also he seems like a supporting character in Metalocalypse.

bitter

So many questions...

What's up with the man-puss? Why does he look all angry playing every riff (clean or dirty)? Why does he look like Devin Townsend? What's up with the bush league tolex job?
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Mr. Foxen

If the sound coming out of my amp was that scooped and shit when I was playing, I'd look angry. And also a bit like skullet era Devin Townsend.

planet doom

Quote from: moose23 on August 28, 2012, 10:01:29 AM
Quote from: planet doom on August 28, 2012, 09:39:07 AM
sweatpants and slip on vans.....

If it's ok for Matt Pike it's ok for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK7GWsP2Pbg

Matt Pike can do whatever the fuck he wants. This guy is a huge jack-off .

planet doom

just check out this guy's reverbnation page http://www.reverbnation.com/scottgrove it's worse than the video. 10 grand worth of gear and it still sounds like asshole stew

fallen

The guy who made that amp is bummed I'm sure to see a review of that amp where the guy has the contour scooped, the mids on 2 and the presence cranked.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: fallen on August 29, 2012, 12:37:45 AM
The guy who made that amp is bummed I'm sure to see a review of that amp where the guy has the contour scooped, the mids on 2 and the presence cranked.

This is basically why manufacturers make amps with no actual adjsutment in the eq, so people can't fuck it up so badly.

thestone

This is basically why manufacturers make amps with no actual adjsutment in the eq, so people can't fuck it up so badly.

The first logical explanation.  I've always wondered why they did that.

Jake

Too many dumb motherfuckers with their widely-adjustable EQs. Especially at mylespaul.com.

-Big Daddy

poop.

VOLVO)))

So, lets fully adjust EQ curves on our amps?

FUND IT
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

If anyone hasn't played with this, its pretty enlightening: http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/

clockwork green

Here are two videos all guitarists should actually watch.  I like his demo's, the stranger the pedal the more I like it but these two I think are really well put.

"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

I,Galactus

I also dig Just Nick's shtick.  He's a nice counterbalance to the "Big Daddies" of the world.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

clockwork green

He just did a very cool review of the B.A.T. Oath.

It's just funny how many people will buy a pedal based on a reivew from a guy not in a band and who probably never turns his 10-watt amp above 2 because of the neighbors and then posts about how it gives him god-like tone on TGP.  It's also funny how many people will sell a pedal before trying it out with their band or with even doing a basic recording...it's all about how a tone fits in the mix which is one of the big issues with scooping mids and some people using fuzz pedals that are just so dark like crap live or on a recording. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"