Main Menu

New Orange Amps

Started by Jake, October 18, 2012, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Oh I don't think anyone (at least anyone around here) is under the illusion that old Orange tone is going to be coming from a new model.

I can't speak for anyone else, but THE main reason for buying a new Orange was to get a distorted tone without resorting to stomp boxes or having to push the amp to very high dB levels for break up.
poop.

themusketking

Quote from: Jake on November 28, 2012, 09:09:56 PM
Oh I don't think anyone (at least anyone around here) is under the illusion that old Orange tone is going to be coming from a new model.

I can't speak for anyone else, but THE main reason for buying a new Orange was to get a distorted tone without resorting to stomp boxes or having to push the amp to very high dB levels for break up.

Unless you're paying for the point-to-point wiring or the vintage models...which are all over $2K then..no. haha.  My guitar player has the TH-30 and he absolutely knew how it was going to sound when he got it.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

Instant Dan

Antecedal evidence report part deus:

Most of the heavy bands I see here using high wattage amps, over 50 watts, are using a hot p'ups or a distortion/overdrive/boost/etc. pedal maxxed out in front of it. There is no way they can replicate the tone they want without cranking the volume to a point where the sound-man will cut them off. With that saying, most sound good too.