Main Menu

Best looping pedal live

Started by ROWDYBEER, February 13, 2011, 11:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROWDYBEER

Thinking I want a looping pedal. Need about 20 seconds of memory more wouldn't hurt. Real basic. I play a riff it records it I can Replay recorded riff while I do some solo work. Needs to be real usable live.
What pedal will work best. And I don't want to have to take a loan out in my house to get it. Any good words on the akai headrush? Seems to fit the bill and be pretty cheap.

VOLVO)))

Nothing cheap about that thing. It looks to be pretty awesome. Stereo outs, single level control for both amps, but there is a toggle to allow you to control the volume of the amp it is looping to.. It has a dry output, so no wet/dry knob... Pretty nice. short looper, the repeats get dirty on the delay... I like it. I personally have the stompbox Boss loopstation. it's a rad pedal. A little finnicky to work, but it's pretty killer.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

Obviously it comes down to what your budget is, and what features you need. Some people want to be able to erase their last loop (while keeping the other layers) and stuff like that, which is more expensive.

I have the Boss RC20XL, good basic unit (double size pedal) you can find them for 130-150 used, I think. I don't really like Boss footswitches but for a looper they're hard to miss, unless you make a weak stomp.

Here's KT Tunstall using a Headrush - see 0:41)

A lot of info here, including pedal reviews:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/loop.html

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.