Main Menu

Schecter Stiletto Bass

Started by hayseed, February 12, 2011, 10:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantchris

Quote from: hayseed on February 13, 2011, 11:42:45 PM
From the reviews here and my experience with one of their guitars, i cant see how i could possibly like it. Believe me, if isn't built sturdy, my paws will know really quickly! I love "block of wood" guitars, something that i can use to defend myself should the zombie apocalypse come to my town and then use for a gig the same night!
The T40 is solid as hell I think they clock in at 10 or 11lbs.  And like I said you can usually find them cheap.  My biggest bass regrets are that I didn't buy a T40 and I didn't buy a Czech MTD Grendel for 300 bucks like 6 years ago.  I also should have never bought the L-2000 I had but w/e.

I had a Rickenbacker 4003 they are nice basses and balance well but I wasn't a huge fan of the neck (which everyone else seems to love).  I also didn't like how the strings didn't taper and were straight like a guitar.  Just kinda felt weird to me.  They are also a bit overpriced.  They sound so great though.  Although I will admit the old 4001s are fucking badass and the neck feels a bit better from the 4003s.  That might be my imagination though I'm not sure what the actual specs are.

Ibanez ATKs are nice too.  But about active pickups its a bit of an acquired taste but some of them can be really nice.  My buddy had a MM Jazz with a sadowsky active preamp and it sounded pretty badass and the 2 active basses I have now sound great.  Hell the weird Zon I have sounds almost perfect like a juiced Entwistle Live at Leeds sound.  Just wish it had 6 strings and not 4 :d.  That being said cheap ass active pickups/preamps tend to sound exceptionally awful.  And I believe that particular schecter has EMGs and I tend to not like EMGs for bass. 

bass sic

Doesn't dude from House of broken promises play an ATK? I love the look of that thing and hes got a killer tone going on. I thought about grabbing one because their so cheap just to keep at the practice space. I totally agree with the statement awhile back about EMG,s looking like shit. I love mine and dig active pups, but they could look a little better.