Main Menu

EPs vs LPs

Started by Ombrenuit, June 19, 2013, 08:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork green

There are so many factors at play, many of which are far more important. It seems like the EP better fits your band so go with that. Besides, who says that you have to call it anything? Even if you put it only vinyl it'll be 12". Just charge what you think works and get it out there and into people's hands as soon and effectively as possible.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Lip

not for nothin... the music matters... from a listener's perspective - if I like a band - i buy there releases - i remember when the band that turned into Seemless - Medium - released their ep Terra Firma - i played the fuck outta that thing... probably my favorite release that year - or at elast close to it... and even though they replaced that young kid - the singer with Jesse David from Killswitch - i thought Medium has a wayy better energy... - ok - little tangent there

SPlits are great too - if you have a solid ep and have some good friends you might want to release a split with... do it up - I still listen to the Starchild Rebreather split... love that one - has a few tunes that Jake did in that Thousands side project - with vocals... great tunes. Another great one - Sofa king killer/Leechmilk...so good. Lowrider/Nebula split... anyhow - u get the picture.
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

liquidsmoke

This is slightly off topic but LPs don't need to be 50-80 minutes just because a CD can hold that much music. 30-40 is enough for me. Also, short LPs > EPs.