Doom/Stoner/Black lessons on YouTube

Started by fallen, December 30, 2013, 01:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallen

This guy Corey Hunter has posted a bunch of cool video lessons on YouTube. A lot of the lessons may seem fairly basic but there are a ton of good rhythm ideas and chord voices in there.

Channel link: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCru6U5iD61PgosWdGx-v3jA

Couple of samples:

jibberish

fuckin A. I was actually watching a bunch of his videos sun AM. I was checking out the black metal creepy chords mostly. I like the droning demos because my style is heavily droned too, so those really make sense. I learned that the whole trick is to find a cool chord form that will sit in your drone, and the 3 notes you can move one finger around to up the creepy.

Then I realized that I have 5 yr old recordings of doing that idea. so that was awesome getting a whole new dose of things to try which actually are adding to what I already use.

if people don't realize the Godzilla sized resource pool for learning anything, that exists on youtube, you need to check it out.
I was watching this, maybe brit dude, who played 50 metal/famous guitar player style riffs, but then he broke each one down, flashed some tab for each one, and showed the main tricks/techniques he saw in these guys.  I have never picked up on so much in one video, wow.

edit btw, I didn't watch the stoner vid you linked, BUT I did trance out on that tshirt in the black metal technique videos he did also wearing it. at fisrt I was thinking "uh oh" when I saw the text in the early vid. then later I saw the art.  WHEW! ok, lets learn some black metal...

Boguspierre80

I like Corey's stuff. He's definitely helped me understand some things doom and drone related.

kirky

Jibberish, you got a link for the 50 riffs dude?

jibberish

yes. in fact I was impressed enough to start its own thread for it.  I never learned so much shit from one video ever.
his teaching method, of all those 50 jams, is awesome.

http://stonerrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=10234.0